* The Yankees are en route to their second consecutive season with 90 losses or more. If they get there, it would be the first time since 1912-13 that the club has had back-to-back 90-loss seasons.
* Todd Zeile leads the Cardinals with 11 home runs. That's the fewest to lead the club since Austin McHenry set the pace with 10 back in 1920.
* Dodgers OF Darryl Strawberry hit 10 home runs against the Astros this year. That equals the most any opposing hitter has had against the Astros in 1 season. Dale Murphy hit 10 against them in 1984.
* The 15 complete games by White Sox right-hander Jack McDowell this year are the most by an AL pitcher since Roger Clemens had 18 in 1987.
* Red Sox left-hander Tony Fossas is a living testament to the value of stubborn determination. He was released by the Rangers, Angels and Brewers. He even was released by the Red Sox on April 1, but has come back to lead the club with 56 relief