* Today: Nike Capital Challenge, Washington.
* Saturday: A Place for Your Pace, Loch Raven, 8 a.m., 566-RUN2. Crofton 5-miler, 9 a.m.
* Sunday: Down's Syndrome Airport Run, Westinghouse, BWI, 8:15 a.m.; RASAC Plumb Point 8-K, Aberdeen PG, 8:30 a.m., 838-0871; RASAC Coon's Corner 15-K, Harford CC, 8 a.m., 838-1931; National Guard 8-K, Greenbelt, Pat & Mike's 8-K, Gaithersburg; BRRC Early Fall 10-K, Lake Montebello, 8:30 a.m.; Parkton 10-K; Philadelphia Distance Festival half-marathon, 8:30 a.m.
* Sept. 22: Great Subway Race 10-miler, Reisterstown Plaza Metro station, 8 a.m., 882-5455; Back to School 8-K, Chevy Chase.
* Future book: Virginia 10-miler, Sept. 28; Harmony half-marathon, Sept. 28; Zoo Zoom, Sept. 29; Union Mills 8-K, Sept. 29; Fritzbe's 10-K, Sept. 29; United Way 10-K, Washington, Sept. 29; Glen Burnie/B&A; Trail 10-K, Oct. 6; Georgetown 10-K, Oct. 6; Quaker 5-miler, Oct. 12; Annapolis Metric Marathon, Oct. 13; Seagull Classic 8-K, Oct. 13; North Central Railroad Trail Marathon, Nov. 30.
* Marathons: Twin Cities, Oct. 6; Marine Corps, Washington, Nov. 3; New York City, Nov. 3.
* News and notes: Dave Berardi beat Dom Daluz by 30 seconds in 37:27 to capture the Brighton to Brookville 7-miler last Sunday. Pam Foley (45:24) led the women. Montgomery RRC beat the Howard County Striders in a team competition . . . Apparently, all those 200-mile training weeks have finally caught up with Juma Ikangaa. The Tanzanian, who won New York and finished second in Boston three straight years, suffered a leg injury months ago and had to pull from the recent World Championships marathon at the last moment.