* Saturday: A Place for Your Pace, Loch Raven, 8 a.m., 566-RUN2; Charleston (W.Va.) 15-miler; Six-Hour Run, Greenbelt; Labor Day Classic 5-K, Rehobeth, Del.
* Sunday: Optical 5-K, Eldersburg, 9 a.m., 795-5588; DCRRC Labor Day 15-K, Greenbelt, 7 a.m., (202) 234-5595. Potomac Valley Games.
* Labor Day: St. Agnes Hospital Labor Day 8-K, 8 a.m., 494-8649; Prediction 5-K, Rehobeth, Del.
* Sept. 4: BRRC Fall Membership meeting, Hasslinger AA, 5440 Harford Road, 6:30 p.m.
* Sept. 7: Chinmoy 2-miler, Patterson Park, 8 a.m., 467-3223; Chaptico Classic 10/5-K, 8 a.m., Hughesville, 884-0312.
* Sept. 8: Executive Stampede 5-miler, Hunt Valley, 9 a.m., 566-RUN2; Brighton-to-Brookville 7-miler, 8 a.m., 353-0200; Annapolis Pennysaver, Severna Park, 8 a.m., 224-4331; RASAC Sweet Air Trail Run, 679-2629.
* Future book: Nike Capital Challenge, Sept. 12; Crofton 5-miler, Sept. 14; National Guard 8-K, Greenbelt, Sept. 15; Pat & Mike's 8-K, Gaithersburg, Sept. 15; Early Fall 10-K, Sept. 15; Parkton 10-K, Sept. 15; Back to School 8-K, Chevy Chase, Sept. 22; Zoo Zoom, Sept. 29; Fritzbe's 10-K, Sept. 29; United Way 10-K, Washington, Sept. 29; Glen Burnie/B&A; Trail 10-K, Oct. 6; Georgetown 10-K, Oct. 6; Quaker 5-miler, Oct. 12; Annapolis Metric Marathon, Oct. 13; North Central Railroad Trail Marathon, Nov. 30.
* News and Notes: Jakarta, Indonesia, is hosting a dream mile Oct. 3 wherein a guy beating Steve Cram's record of 3:46.32 can pick up a quick million bucks . . . The Tri-Maryland Triathlon Club has won a Governor's Fitness Commission award.