BASEBALL American League * Orioles -- Sent Jeff Ballard, Jeff Robinson and Paul Kilgus pitchers) to Rochester of the International League. Called up Stacy Jones, Mike Mussina and Jim Poole (pitchers) from Rochester.
* Cleveland Indians -- Recalled Eric King (pitcher) from Colorado Springs of the Pacific Coast League.
* Minnesota Twins -- Recalled Willie Banks (pitcher) from Portland of the Pacific Coast League. Placed Denny Neagle (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Activated Pedro Munoz (outfielder) from the 15-day disabled list.
National League * San Diego Padres -- Acquired Jack Howell (third baseman) from the California Angels for Shawn Abner (outfielder).
San Francisco Giants -- Optioned Steve Decker (catcher) and Mark Leonard (outfielder) to Phoenix of the Pacific Coast League.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Dallas Cowboys -- Waived Babe Laufenberg (quarterback).
Detroit Lions -- Agreed to terms with Lawrence Pete (nose tackle) on a one-year contract.
* Kansas City Chiefs -- Announced the resignation of Mike Webster (assistant coach).
* New Orleans Saints -- Waived John Fourcade (quarterback). Signed Lonnie Finch (cornerback).
* New York Giants -- Waived Kieran Clair and Larry Wanke (quarterbacks), Tony Gilbert (wide receiver) and Demetrius Hill (defensive lineman).
* San Diego Chargers -- Signed David Richards (guard) and Shane Elliott (tackle).
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Waived Hyland Hickson (running back). Placed Robert Martz (defensive lineman) on injured waivers.
* Cincinnati -- Named Vincent Ille assistant athletic director for compliance.
* Marshall -- Announced Tink Brown and Romel "Stuff" Lynch (guards) and Orin Gordon (forward) have been declared academically ineligible for next season.
* St. John's -- Named Bob Rapisarda rifle coach.
* Texas Tech -- Named Louise Ritter women's track coach.