G. Corner Fenhagen Jr., 78, a retired Baltimore architect, died Tuesday at the Meridian Nursing Center-Long Green. He had Alzheimer's disease.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. tomorrow at the Henry W. Jenkins & Sons funeral establishment, 4905 York Road.
Mr. Fenhagen, who lived on Greenway, had been retired nearly 20 years. He had been associated with several firms: Tyler, Ketcham and Meyers; Galloway, Harling Associates; Hopkins, Pfeifer and Fenhagen, in which he was a partner, and Fenhagen, Meyer and Ayers, in which his father was a partner.
Projects on which he worked include what is now the Citicorp building on York Road near Towson State University, and the chapel at Hood College.
Born in Manila, while his father was an architectural consultant to the Philippine government, he was a 1930 graduate of the Gilman School and attended Amherst College.
He worked for a time for the Union Lumber Co. in Fort Bragg, Calif., and then became a partner in Woodwriters, a furniture manufacturing company in Wellesley, Mass.
Known to many as Bill, a nickname he adopted in his youth, he returned to Baltimore at the start of World War II, and was an air raid warden here before enlisting in the Army and serving in Europe.
He began his architectural studies after the war, graduating from the University of Virginia School of Architecture in 1949, and earning a master's degree the next year at the School of Fine Arts of the University of Pennsylvania.
Survivors include his wife of more than 50 years, the formeLandon Carter Brown; two brothers, J. Pierce Fenhagen of Rawdon, Quebec, and F. Weston Fenhagen of Chapel Hill, N.C.; a sister, Christina Anderson of Phoenix, and several nieces, nephews and cousins.