* Tomorrow: Arbutus Firecracker 10-K, Arbutus, 8 a.m., 242-0809; Firecracker 5-K, Kingsville, 8 a.m., 592-6616; Dundalk Heritage 6-K, Dundalk, 7:30 a.m., 494-8649; Frederick's Fourth 5-K, 7 p.m., 371-9562; Choptank River Run, Cambridge, 7:30 p.m., 228-4211.
* Friday: MCRRC cross country grand prix, Potomac, 7 p.m., 353-0200.
* Saturday: Independence 4-miler, Havre de Grace, 8 a.m., 931-0096; A Place for Your Pace, Loch Raven, 8 a.m.; Chinmoy 2-miler, Patterson Park, 8 a.m., 467-3223.
* July 10: BRRC Track Series, Johns Hopkins, 6:30 p.m.
* July 11: WRRC Twilight Series, Piney Run 10-K, Eldersburg, 7 p.m., 549-1861.
* July 12-13-14: Women's Distance Festival 5-K.
* Future book: Wall track run, Annapolis, July 13; BRRC club picnic, Padonia Swim Club, July 14; Utica (N.Y.) Boilermaker 15-K, July 14; Charlotte Triathlon, July 20; Twilight River Run, Aug. 2; International Marathon Swim Festival, Atlantic City, Aug. 4; Annapolis Striders cross country run, Aug. 11; Asbury Park (N.J.) 10-K, Aug. 10; York City Triathlon, Aug. 11; Falmouth Road Race, Aug. 18; Annapolis 10-miler, Aug. 25; KidSports Junior Triathlon, Aug. 25.
* News and notes: Famed triathlete Dave Scott finished seventh in the Western States 100 last weekend . . . Hints from Runner's World Magazine on summer running include drink lots of fluids, run at dawn or dusk, run short and swift, run on grass, try cross-training, watch coffee intake, wear sunglasses, a hat and suntan lotion . . . Best times at the BRRC Summer Track Series: Dave Berardi and Gerry Clapper, 14:54, 5,000 meters; Rob Bedell, 5:32, 2,000; Brad Uhlfelder, 2:22, 1,000; Mark Wilson, 51.2, 400.