The following area servicemen recently returned from deployment to the Middle East in support of Operation Desert Storm:
* Navy Dentalman Apprentice Edward J. Davis, a 1990 graduate of Laurel High School, served aboard the amphibious transport dock USS Raleigh, homeportedin Norfolk, Va.
* Marine Lance Cpl. Frank W. Buchanan, son of Raymond E. and Catherine B. Buchanan of Glen Burnie, served with the Assault Amphibian Battalion, Second Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, N.C. He is a 1988 graduate of Glen Burnie High School.
* Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Cecil G. Hairiston, whose wife, Latanya, is the daughter of Ronald andPatricia Ward of Severna Park, served aboard the guided missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea, homeported in Mayport, Fla.
* Navy Lt. Paul C. Jenkins, a 1985 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, served aboard the aircraft carrier USS America, homeported in Norfolk, Va.
* Navy Ensign Alan J. Mail, son of Alan D. Mail and Judith Rowton of Severna Park, served aboard the tank landing ship USS Spartanburg, homeported in Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, Va. He is a 1985 graduate of Severna Park High School.
* Navy Lt. Robert H. Turman, whose wife, Carol, is the daughter of Wilma Beahm of Millersville, served aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Nassau, homeported in Norfolk, Va.
* Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Ronald K. Smallman, son of retired Marine Corps Lt. Col. and Mrs. Jack Smallman of Annapolis, servedwith Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron -- 126, Naval Air Station, Norfolk, Va. He is a 1975 graduate of Severna Park Highs School and a 1979 graduate of Towson State University.
* Marine Sgt. DavidA. Freyman, whose wife, Debbie, is the daughter of Dale F. and Rannell Brigman of Arnold, served with the 2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
* Navy Seaman Recruit Phaon R. Carr, son of Sherl E. and Dorothy R. Carr of Gambrills, served aboard the aircraft carrier USS America, homeported in Norfolk, Va. He is a 1990 graduate of Arundel High School.
* Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew A. Woods, a 1986 graduate of Chesapeake High School, served aboard the guided missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea, homeported in Mayport, Fla.
* Navy Lt. Layton F. Clay, son of retired Navy Capt. and Mrs. Harold S. ClaySr. of Severna Park, served with Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron -- 137, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Oak Harbor, Wash. He is a1981 graduate of Severna Park High School and a 1985 graduate of theU.S. Naval Academy.
LITTELL EARNS BADGE
Sgt. Brian J. Littell hasbeen awarded the Expert Infantryman Badge, the Army's highest non-combat proficiency award for infantryman.
Seventeen infantry skills are covered in the testing, including rifle marksmanship , hand grenades, anti-tank weapons, first aid, military intelligence and signal communications. A 12-mile road march with full combat gear completes the test.
Littell is an infantryman at Fort Richardson, Alaska.
He is the son of Bertha M. Littell of Glen Burnie.
The sergeant isa 1981 graduate of Brooklyn Park High School.
WILLIAMS IS SPECIALIST
Airman Anthony T. Williams Jr. has graduated from the pavements maintenance specialist course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas.
Williams is the son of Mildred Williams of San Antonio, Texas, and Anthony T. Williams Sr. of Severn.
He is a 1990 graduate of Meade Senior High School.
FAULK FINISHES COURSE
Pvt. Eric M. Faulk has graduated from the utilities equipment repairer course at Fort Belvoir, Va.
He is the son of Mike W. Faulk of Dublin, Ohio, and Chris A. Faulk of Severn.
The private is a 1990 graduate of Dublin High School.
RAMG COMPLETES COURSE
Private James L. Ramg Jr. has completed the electronic warfare signal intelligence non-communications interceptor course at Fort Devens, Ayer, Mass.
He is the sonof James L. and Janice L. Ramg of Hanover and a 1990 graduate of Meade Senior High School.
Air Force Reserve Capt. Heidi L. Albrecht has graduated from the flight nurse course at the School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
She is the daughter of Joan F. Obitz of Crownsville.
The captain is a 1980 graduate of Old Mill High School and a 1984 graduate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore.