A 23-year-old man was charged Thursday with trying to burn down his ex-girlfriend's Glen Burnie home.

Arthur P. Hall, of the 200 blockof Shana Road, Glen Burnie, was charged with four counts of attempted arson and one count each of attempted murder by arson and possession of a Molotov cocktail.

Police say the man went to the home of Judith Pearson, 36, of the500 block of Kent Circle, and threw a gasoline-filled bottle at the house. Pearson's 18-year-old daughter dated the man, police say.

The bottle shattered, spraying the house and Pearson with gasoline, police said. The man left and threatened to return and finish the job, police said. He was arrested a short time later at his home.

Police say Pearson's daughter and two sons, ages 6 and 8, were home at thetime of the incident, which occurred at 7:48 p.m.

Hall also was charged with reckless endangerment and threatening to burn a dwelling.


Two Prince George's County men have been charged in the May 25 shooting of a Lothian man.

Police say both men are in a Calvert County jail on unrelated charges and have been charged in a warrant.

Raymond Maury Hardy, 27, of Lyons Creek Mobile Estates, was shot in the buttocks during a confrontation near the intersection of Lower Pindell Road and A Street at 1:50a.m. Police say the shooting was the result of a dispute involving agirlfriend of one of the suspects.

Johnnie Danny Whichard, 19, ofthe 8400 block of Hamlin Street, Lanham, was charged with assault with intent to commit murder and a handgun violation.

Whichard is being held at the Calvert County Detention Center in lieu of $25,000 bond on a destruction of property charge.

Jiggs Perry Knowles, 18, of the 4700 block of Omaha Street, Capitol Heights, was charged with assault and battery, assault with intent to commit murder and a handgun violation.

Knowles also is being held at the Calvert County Detention Center on a charge of assault with intent to commit murder and destruction of property.


A37-year-old Annapolis man was in serious condition in a Baltimore hospital Friday after he was struck in the head with a baseball bat during an argument outside a bar.

Timothy Ray Mason, of the 600 blockof Ridgely Avenue, was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center at University Hospital in Baltimore.

William Earl Deberry, 29, of the unit block of Linden Lane, was charged with assault with intent to murder and assault and battery.

Police say the two men got into an argument at 1:50 a.m. Friday outside Billy's Tavern on Riverview Avenue in Annapolis when Deberry came after Mason, swinging a wooden bat.

After the beating, police say, Deberry was driven away in a blue Oldsmobile, which was stopped by police a short time later at Linden Avenue and West Street.

Deberry was arrested and police say they founda bat in the car's trunk.

The driver of the car, Cynthia Ann Deberry, 31, also of the unit block of Linden Avenue, was charged with drunken driving.


Police are investigating the death of a 44-year-old man whose body was found by a maintenance worker Friday in a Brooklyn home.

The man, whose name was not released pending notification of his relatives, was foundpartially clothed lying next to his bed in a bottom apartment in a home in the 900 block of Church Street.

Police say they are investigating the possibility that the death may be alcohol related, but will have to wait for an autopsy.

Officer Steven Atkinson said it appears the man had been dead for at least two days. The body was found at 10:30 a.m. Friday.

Copyright © 2020, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad