Charlie's Barber Shop opened May 7 at 18 Pennsylvania Ave.
MasterBarber and owner Charlie Kapraun II said no appointments are necessary. Each week, patrons can qualify for a drawing for a free haircut.
BANK NAMES OFFICERS
TANEYTOWN -- The board of directors of Taneytown Bank and Trust Co. has approved the appointment of William O. Eyler as vice president and Patricia A. Shryock-Smith as assistant secretary.
Eyler has beenwith the company for two years and is the chief financial officer.
Shryock-Smith has been employed by the bank for 12 years and is theadministrative assistant to the senior vice president of the bank.
SURGEON JOINS CCGH
WESTMINSTER -- Dr. DouglasM. Sheppard, a specialist in orthopedic surgery, has joined the medical staff of Carroll County General Hospital.
A graduate of BaylorCollege of Medicine in Houston, Sheppard completed his internship atYale New Haven (Conn.) Hospital.
He completed his general surgeryresidency at Yale-New Haven Hospital and his orthopedic surgery residency at Baylor College affiliated hospitals. He also completed a fellowship in Upper Extremity Reconstructive Surgery through Baylor College.
Board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, his professional affiliations include the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Medical Association, and the Texas Orthopedic Association.
His practice is in Suite 340, 23 Crossroads Drive, Owings Mills, Md., 21117; (301) 876-1516.
WESTMINSTER -- Carroll County Bank and Trust Co. has elected M. Lynn Rill and Audrey S. Cimino to the position of vicepresident.
Other new appointments are Judy A. Cullison, Ann B. Fritz, Mary J. Garcia and C. Wray Mowbray Jr. to the position of assistant vice president.
Rill has been with the bank since 1983 and is department manager for residential real estate lending.
Cimino, who joined the bank in April 1991, is responsible for business development in the trust division.
Cullison began working for the bank in 1975 and is manager of consumer lending.
Fritz, assistant manager of the credit services department, came to Carroll County Bank and Trust in 1987.
Garcia, with the bank since 1976, is manager of the loan servicing department.
Mowbray is responsible for marketing research in the marketing department and manages the bank's credit card activities. He joined the bank in December 1986.
Carroll County Bank and Trust's headquarters are in Westminster. It operates 12 offices in the county and one in Ellicott City, Howard County.
Assets ofthe bank totaled $436.3 million March 31, 1991. The bank also operates a wholly owned subsidiary, Carrollco Insurance Inc.
NEW MEMBERS NAMED
WESTMINSTER -- The Carroll County Chamber of Commerce welcomes the following new members to its coalition of businesses.
These firms joined the chamber in April:
* Diversified Blueprint Services, 87 Marhill Court, Westminster; Len Joseph.
* Maley Construction Co. Inc., 1119 Yorkshire Way, Westminster; Thomas M. Maley, Linda T. Barr, Patrick R. Maley.
* Montgomery Ward Inc.; 400 N. Center St., Westminster; Ann Mutmansky, Sandy White.
* Robert K. Parker, attorney at law, 135 E. Main St., Westminster.
*Vacation Care Inc., 5180 Band Hall Hill Road, Westminster; Susie Littrell.
* Primerica Financial Services, 7566 Main St., Sykesville; Bill McKnight.
* Consolidated Stationers, 7568 Main St., Sykesville, and 1001 Twin Arch Shopping Center, Mount Airy; Cheryl Norris.
* Allstate Insurance, 2029 Suffolk Road; Nick Feurer.
* Metropolitan Life, 10055 Red Run Blvd., Owings Mills, Baltimore County; Gary M.Toth.
* Owings Mills Cardiac and Ultrasound Diagnostic Center, 50Painters Mill Road, Baltimore County; Harriet Lynn.
* Homewood atPlum Creek, 425 Westminster Ave., Hanover, Pa.; J. William Anderson,Sandy Fair, Robin Musselman.
* Metromedia Paging Services Inc., 9030 Route 108, Columbia, Howard County; Ilene Zeitzoff.
BOTTOM LINE IS HERE
WESTMINSTER -- A seminar has been scheduled to help small-business owners and managers learn the importance of good communication with employees, effective human resources andmaximizing the bottom line. It will take place from 8:30 to 11 a.m.June 19 at Friendly Farm Restaurant.
The seminar is co-sponsored by the Maryland Small Business Development Center Network-Central Region, county Chamber of Commerce, county Department of Economic and Community Development, and Carroll Community College.
Workshop leader will be Charles Carroll III, an associate with Success Management Inc., which specializes in career management.
The cost of the seminar is $25 and includes continental breakfast. Pre-registration is required.