Angeline F. Williams, who served on the Anne Arundel County Board of Education from 1955 until 1967, died March 13 at the Annapolis Convalescent Center after a long illness.
Mrs. Williams, who was 95, was named to the board after being a member of a committee to study the integration of the county school system and was a supporter of adult education and reading programs.
In 1967, Frontiers International gave her a human relations award for her work in civil rights.
A native of Riderwood, the former Angeline Foster was a graduate of Friends School and, in 1917, of Goucher College. She studied music at the Peabody Institute.
She had been a nurse at a New York City hospital during World War II and in 1925 became the first director of alumnae affairs at Goucher. She was also a former president of the alumnae association.
In 1935, she and her husband, D. Ellwood Williams Jr., who died in 1966, moved to Arnold.
A former president of the Arnold Elementary School Parent-Teacher Association, she was also a member of the board of the Child Study Association.
As a member of the county school board, she was also a charter member of the board of the Anne Arundel Community College and later was a member of an advisory group at the college.
The former president of the YWCA of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County was also a former executive secretary of the Anne Arundel County Citizens Planning and Housing Association and a member of the League of Women Voters and the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
A former president of the Women of St. Anne's Episcopal Church Annapolis, she also headed committees and commissions of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland and its Woman's Auxiliary.
She also had been a member of the board of the Maryland Council of Churches, the Committee on Family Life of the National Council of Churches, and the national board of the United Church Women.
From 1974 until 1976, she was also a member of the Maryland Commission on Afro-American Culture.
Services for Mrs. Williams, who is survived by several cousins, were held March 15 at St. Anne's Church.