Items taken in last week's break-in and fire at Painters Mill Music Fair have been recovered at the Carroll home of a relative of one of two Central Laundry Facility escapees, Baltimore County Police said.

The two escapees, recaptured early Tuesday morning, are to be charged this week with statutory arson and breaking and entering, police said. Both were taken to the Maryland House of Correction in Jessup, Anne Arundel County, and face up to 10 years if convicted of escape.

Sgt. Stephen R. Doarnberger, a Baltimore County Police spokesman,said the pair would be charged in connection with the fire sometime this week.

Police said after the escape, between 5:30 and 10 p.m. last Sunday, the pair met two other acquaintences who also were at Painters Mill at the time of the blaze. Doarnberger said Maryland StatePolice in Westminster are investigating a possible link between the four suspects and some equipment stolen from the Lippy Bros. Farm near Hampstead late Sunday night or early Monday morning.

Some of that equipment, including a torch and oxygen tanks, later was found nearthe Painters Mill safe. A truck reportedly stolen from Lippy Bros. was found in a nearby apartment complex, police said.

Baltimore County Police said "unidentified sources" placed all four suspects at the scene of the break-in and fire early Monday morning. The fire was reported about 3:30 a.m.

Already charged with one count each of breaking and entering were Freddie Lee Ferguson, 28, and Debra Ann Mann,23, both of Owings Mills. Police said Mann is Ferguson's girlfriend.

Mann, arrested after questioning at the Garrison Precinct in Baltimore County, was released on $500 bail. Ferguson is being held on $25,000 bail.

Scheduled to be charged with one count each of breaking and entering and statutory arson are Bradley David Spitler, 19, of Belcamp, Harford County, and William Edward Harlow Jr., 20, of Baltimore.

Spitler -- at the laundry camp to serve four years for breaking, entering and theft -- was recaptured a minute after midnight at arelative's home on Elger Street in Union Bridge by three troopers from the Westminster barracks. Harlow -- serving 19 months for theft --was arrested later Tuesday by Anne Arundel County Police.

Baltimore County Fire Detective Doug Rill said the blaze did an estimated $4million in damage to the concert hall, which was closed for nearly five years before performances began again in early 1990. In the 1960s, '70s and '80s, the facility had been used for both music and theatrical performances.

Rill said a building engineer condemned the structure as "unsafe," but said the owners and insurance company could rehabilitate the structure. He added a final dollar value on the damage couldn't be set until insurance investigators assess the building.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad