Parental rights


A parental-rights bill that would require a parent's or guardian's consent before physicians could treat a child for drug abuse, alcoholism or venereal disease is before the House of Delegates Environmental Matters Committee.

The Evening Sun would like to know how you feel about such a bill. Should a child have parental consent before receiving treatment for drug abuse, alcoholism or venereal disease?

Please call SUNDIAL, The Baltimore Sun's telephone information system, on a Touch-Tone phone. The call is local, and answers will be registered between 10 a.m. and midnight. The SUNDIAL phone number is 783-1800 or, in Anne Arundel County, 268-7736. When you reach SUNDIAL, enter category 4600 and wait for instructions.

Results will be published in this section tomorrow.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad