* John Kaleo -- 6-1, 180, Bowie High, Montgomer College-Rockville . . . 1990 National Junior College Player of the Year . . . Completed 61 percent of his passes for 2,963 yards (first among nation's JC QBs) and 32 TDs to lead Montgomery to national JUCO championship game where it lost to Coffeyville of Kansas and finished 10-1 . . . Only nine interceptions in 304 attempts . . . Chose Maryland over Clemson, North Carolina and Hawaii . . . Has two years of eligibility left.
* Tom Marchese -- 6-3, 195, Dunmore (Pa.) High . . . Four-year starter . . . He and Scott Milanovich are rated top two QBs coming out of Pennsylvania . . . As senior, threw 118 passes, was intercepted only twice . . . Led Dunmore to 13-1 mark and state title as junior . . . Has 4.0 grade-point average . . . Chose Maryland over UCLA, Wisconsin and Rutgers.
* Scott Milanovich -- 6-3, 220, Butler (Pa.) High . . . Named first-team all-state by Associated Press and selected to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Finest 44 and Pittsburgh Press' Fabulous 22 . . . As a senior, completed 114 of 226 passes for 1,520 yards, 19 TDs and seven interceptions . . . Led Butler to 10-3-1 record and No. 9 state ranking . . . Chose Maryland over Pitt and Louisville.
* Greg Lister -- 6-3, 225, Holy Spirit (N.J.) High and Admiral Farragut Academy . . . In senior season at Holy Spirit, operated VTC run-and-shoot offense, completing 87 of 150 passes for 1,436 yards and 10 TDs . . . Also played defensive end and safety.
RUNNING BACKS * Larry Washington -- 5-11, 198, Randallstown High . . . Ran for yards, averaging 10 per carry, and 36 TDs in leading team to 13-0 record and state Class 4A title . . . Widely acclaimed as Player of Year in state . . . Considered one of top 10 high school running backs in country . . . Chose Maryland over Tennessee, Clemson, Michigan and Georgia Tech.
* Rick Budd -- 6-3, 212, Fort Hill High in Cumberland . . . Honored as Western Maryland Player of Year by Dapper Dan Club . . . Averaged 5.9 yards a carry and scored 13 TDs in leading Fort Hill to 10-1 record . . . Has 3.3 grade-point average . . . Chose Maryland over Virginia Tech.
* Raphael Wall -- 6-0, 200, Wilde Lake High . . . Led Wilde Lake to 13-0 mark and state Class 2A title, scoring winning TD in overtime to beat Damascus, 13-7 . . . Rushed 189 times for 2,063 yards and 31 TDs as senior . . . Won Gatorade Player of Year Award as top student-athlete in state . . . Has 3.2 GPA . . . Clocked in 4.4 seconds for 40-yard -- . . . Chose Maryland over Tennessee, Notre Dame and Rutgers.
* Kevin Washington -- tight end, 6-4, 212, Dunbar . . . First team All-Metro . . . Caught 124 passes for 1,796 yards and 13 TDs in three years . . . Dunbar's nominee for scholar-athlete award . . . Currently captain of basketball team.
* Madison Bradley -- offensive/defensive line, 6-3, 270, Cleveland Hill (N.Y.) High and Nassau CC . . . First team JUCO All-America . . . Nassau finished 9-1.
* Eugene Gray -- defensive end, 6-2, 220, Archbishop Carroll High in Washington and Valley Forge Military Academy . . . Had 48 tackles and an interception for Valley Forge last fall . . . All-Metropolitan Conference selection by Washington Post as senior linebacker at Archbishop Carroll.
* Rudy Smith -- defensive line, 6-4, 216, Don Bosco High in Stony Point, N.Y. . . . Picked second team all-state . . . Plays linebacker as well as on the line.
* Sharrod Mack -- tight end/defensive tackle, 6-2, 260, Cardinal Spellman High in Bronx, N.Y. . . . All-New York Catholic League selection . . . Could be moved to offensive line to help fill void created by departure of Clarence Jones and O'Neil Glenn.
* Mike Rodgers -- defensive end, 6-3, 225, Haverford (Pa.) High . . . Selected as Delaware County Coaches Association's MVP as senior . . . Named to Pennsylvania College Football Report's Top 50 list.
* John Teter -- offensive tackle, 6-6, 255, DeMatha . . . A second-team All-Met selection by Washington Post . . . Ranked No. 1 academically in class as junior . . . Selected Maryland over Stanford and Georgia Tech.
* Joe Gillespie -- 6-2, 215, Marion Catholic (Pa.) High . . . First team all-state . . . Labeled one of top 40 high school players in Pennsylvania . . . Also played fullback, running for 1,060 yards and 11 TDs . . . Selected Maryland over Georgia Tech and Boston College.
* Ken Green -- 6-3, 205, Lake Taylor (Va.) High . . . All-District (Norfolk) and All-Tidewater as senior . . . Clocked in 4.5 seconds for 40; sprinter on school's track team.
* Tom Jarome -- 6-2, 220, Valley Forge (Pa.) Military Academy; lives in Wilmington, Del. . . . First team All-Delaware as high school senior . . . Captained Valley Forge last fall, compiling 48 tackles and one interception . . . Chose Maryland over Boston College, Rutgers and Temple.
DEFENSIVE BACKS * Mike Lacy -- 5-10, 170, Lake Braddock (Va.) High . . . Speed is main asset; does 40-yard -- in 4.4 seconds . . . Blocked four punts and intercepted four passes last fall.
* Luis Olavarria -- 6-2, 180, North Rockland ( N.Y.) High . . . Clocked in 4.4 for 40 yards . . . Also a wide receiver . . . Chose Maryland over Syracuse, Georgia Tech and Boston College.
* Dave DeArmas -- 5-11, 190, DeMatha . . . Named top place-kicker in nation by USA Today . . . Was perfect in extra points (49) and 15-for-19 in field goals . . . Punted for 45.7 average . . . Canceled visits to Miami, Tennessee and Ohio State after making decision.
TOWSON STATE layer os. t. gt. igh School/Junior College
1/8 Marcellus Campbell R -10 60 etersburg (Va.)
1/8 Dan Crowley B -1 75 eMatha
1/8 Mike Curcio L -2 60 assau C.C. (N.Y.)
1/8 Bill Fisher L -3 70 amden County C.C. (N.J.)
1/8 Dan Nate B -1 35 ateway Regional (N.J.)
1/8 Dan Smith B -0 35 ean J.C. (Mass.)
1/8 Russell Stoner B -11 90 otomac Coll. (W.Va.)
1/8 John Swigart B-LB -11 20 verlea
1/8 Steve Wilkerson R -0 80 ontgomery J.C.
1/8 Dedin Witherspoon R -11 80 ewport News (Va.)
Ronald Dixon B -2 30 xon Hill
1/8 James Perkins B -3 75 wynn Park
1/8 Ernest Johnson III L -0 75 eMatha
1/8 Arthur Byrd III L -2 50 ork Union Acad.
George Gillem -2 60 oodlawn
1/8 Brian Bailey G -0 55 orest Park
1/8 Alex Galiani B -2 00 owson
1/8 Ronald Dixon B -3 30 xon Hill