* FASTBREAKS: The Eagles have won 21 straight at home, and their streak ranks them among the NCAA leaders . . . Wednesday's game against Delaware State has lost some of its luster. The Hornets will be trying to snap a three-game losing streak tonight at South Carolina State.
* FASTBREAKS: It's a huge week for the Greyhounds, who follow tonight's game at Towson with three straight games at home against Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference opponents they feel they can beat . . . Loyola is shooting just 42.9 percent from the field, but foes are hitting only 43.9.
* WHAT'S AHEAD: at Clemson Wednesday; at Duke Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: Matt Roe had 25 points in Maryland's 80-65 loss to Georgia Tech Friday, but only shot 9-for-25 . . . Cedric Lewis had seven blocks and four steals, but only eight points . . . The Terps shot just 32 percent from the floor, but held the Yellow Jackets to 41 percent.
MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (4-15) * WHAT'S AHEAD: at North Carolina A&T; tonight; at BostoCollege Thursday; at Delaware State Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The struggling Hawks have lost five straight, and this week's slate is as difficult as any they've faced since early December . . . Sean Salisbury made four of 10 three-pointers in a 94-86 loss at South Carolina State, and his shooting is a big reason UMES is among the nation's leaders in long-distance percentage.
MORGAN STATE (4-16) * WHAT'S AHEAD: Coppin State tonight (8) at Hill Field House; aFlorida A&M; Thursday; at Bethune-Cookman Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Golden Bears are close to avoiding the preliminary game between the eighth- and ninth-place finishers in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament . . . They are 4-5 in the MEAC, and play their final three conference games at Hill Field House.
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (6-13) * WHAT'S AHEAD: Long Island tonight at Knott Arena (7:30WQSI-AM 820); at Wagner Thursday; at Monmouth Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: After tonight, the Mountaineers play five straight road games . . . Their next game at Knott Arena is Feb. 21 against Robert Morris, which is also ineligible for the Northeast Conference tournament ... The Mount is 4-5 in the NEC, where it has lost three straight.
NAVY (6-14) * WHAT'S AHEAD: at East Carolina tonight (7, WNAV-AM 1430)William & Mary Saturday at Halsey Field House.
* FASTBREAKS: The loser of tonight's game takes over sole possession of last place in the Colonial Athletic Association, where Navy and East Carolina are both 2-6 . . . Coach Pete Herrmann was ejected in Saturday's 87-76 loss at UNC-Wilmington, Navy's seventh in its last eight games.
TOWSON STATE (13-6) * WHAT'S AHEAD: Loyola tonight (7:30, WCVT-FM 89.7) aTowson Center; at American Wednesday; Central Connecticut Saturday at Towson Center.
* FASTBREAKS: The streaking Tigers are 8-0 in the East Coast Conference, but they are being dogged by Hofstra, which is 6-1 . . . Towson State had lost its last seven games at Rider before winning there Saturday, overcoming a 13-point deficit as Lewis Waller scored 11 of his 15 points after intermission.
UMBC (2-18) * WHAT'S AHEAD: at St. Francis, Pa. tonight, 7:30; CentraConnecticut Thursday at UMBC Fieldhouse.
* FASTBREAKS: The Retrievers (1-6) can climb out of the East Coast Conference cellar Thursday against another first-year member, Central Connecticut (1-5).
* FASTBREAKS: Dave Eikenberg, a senior guard out of John Carroll High, holds the Johns Hopkins (13-7) record for career steals and is closing in on the assist mark. The Blue Jays were handed their first loss in the MAC Southeast Section Saturday, when they were routed 72-50 at Widener . . . Salisbury State (14-6) can improve its position in the Eastern States Athletic Conference with a win at Frostburg (7-12) Saturday . . . The Bobcats continued to right themselves with a 73-64 defeat of Allentown.
* FASTBREAKS: Trying to rebound from Friday's 45-44 loss to Duke, Maryland (13-8) is at home against Georgia Tech tonight (7:30). The Maryland women travel to N.C. State Saturday . . . Mount St. Mary's (12-6) goes for its fourth straight win today (5 p.m.) against Long Island, then has a bigger Northeast Conference game Saturday at Monmouth . . . UMBC (12-8) bounced back from its first loss in the East Coast Conference to win at Hofstra, and the Retrievers play four of their next six at home . . . Loyola (3-15) has lost 12 straight . . . Frostburg State (16-1) has won 15 straight to control the Eastern States Athletic Conference.