* Los Angeles Raiders: They have clinched a wild-card berth and can clinch the AFC West title with a victory over San Diego.
* Kansas City Chiefs: They have clinched a wild-card berth and can win the AFC West if San Diego upsets the Raiders.
* Pittsburgh Steelers: They can win the AFC Central title with a victory over Houston. If the Steelers lose, they can make it as a wild-card team if Cincinnati loses to Cleveland and Seattle loses to Detroit.
* Cincinnati Bengals: They can win the AFC Central if they beat Cleveland and the Steelers lose to Houston. The Bengals can win a wild-card spot if they and the Steelers win and Seattle loses to Detroit.
* Houston Oilers: They can clinch at least a wild-card spot by beating Pittsburgh. They can win the AFC Central if they beat Pittsburgh and Cincinnati loses to Cleveland.
* Seattle Seahawks: They can win the final wild-card spot if they beat Detroit and either Pittsburgh loses to Houston or Cincinnati loses to Cleveland. They also make it if they lose and the Oilers and Bengals do the same.
* New Orleans Saints: They can win a wild-card spot if they beat the Rams and Atlanta upsets Dallas.