The Carroll County Recycling Office has announced plans for a pilot Christmas tree recycling program, jointly sponsored by the Carroll County government, county municipalities and the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
The trees dropped off for recycling will be ground for mulch. Trees should be completely free of ornaments and decorations, including tinsel and icicles.
Residents returning trees for recycling may pick up a coupon for a free pine seedling at town offices, both county landfills and Piney Run Park.
Coupons may be redeemed April 5-9, 1991.
County residents may take their trees to any of these 10 county locations:
* Northern Landfill, 1400 Baltimore Blvd., Westminster.
* Hoods Mill Landfill, 7901 Kabik Court, Sykesville.
* Piney Run Park, 30 Martz Road, Sykesville.
* Sykesville, Recycling Center, Sandosky Road.
* Hampstead, Route 88 near Dogwood Lane.
* Manchester, mulch site at Christmas Tree Park, Water Street.
* Mount Airy, Prospect Park.
* Taneytown, Recycling Center, Park Drive.
* Westminster, 101 Locust St., near Tuc Road and Longwell Avenue.
* New Windsor, Old New Windsor Landfill, Routes 31 and 407.
* Union Bridge, Community Center.