xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

Firefighters from three counties alerted to kitchen blaze

Firefighters from three neighboring counties were summoned to an early morning kitchen fire at a North Laurel residence on Saturday, but the blaze was extinguished before the units arrived, Howard County fire and rescue officials said.

At approximately 1 a.m., personnel from Howard, Anne Arundel and Prince George's fire departments were alerted of smoke at an apartment in the 9000 block of Bourbon Street, officials said. Firefighters upon arrival discovered the fire had been doused by an occupant with a fire extinguisher, but one occupant had sustained minor injuries from the fire.

Advertisement

The occupant was treated and transported to John Hopkins Bayview Hospital, officials said. No one was injured in the blaze, officials said.

The fire did not extend beyond the kitchen and damage is estimated at around $2,000, officials said. They added that the fire was determined to have been caused by grease on the stove and unattended cooking.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement