Howard County fire officials say crews rescued a man from a fire at a Columbia townhouse just before dawn Friday.
The department was called just before 7 a.m. Officials said that upon arrival in the 5800 block of Harness Court in Columbia, responders saw fire on the first floor. A man, who called 911 to report the fire, was on the second floor and was rescued via a ground ladder.
Officials said the man identified himself as the owner of the house. He taken to Howard County General Hospital and was in stable condition, according to fire officials.
A spokesman for the department in an email said the Fire Marshal “determined the cause of the fire to be electrical in nature.”