Teen pleads guilty to Mt. Hebron assaults

An 18-year-old man pleaded guilty Thursday in Howard County Circuit Court to two misdemeanor assaults for sexually touching two female Mount Hebron High School girls in the school's nurse's suite June 14.

Trey Michael Murduck, who was a junior at the school, has been in jail since his arrest June 16. Under the agreement, he pleaded guilty to second-degree assault and is to receive a five-year sentence with all suspended but the 139 days he will have spent in jail by the time he is sentenced Nov. 3. He will also serve five years of supervised probation. The agreement would save him from a facing additional sexual offense charges.

According to a statement of facts read in court by prosecutor Colleen McGuinn, Murduck was in a curtained three-cot area of the nurse's office that morning when a 14-year old girl with a migraine headache entered and lay down in the adjoining bed. Murduck pulled back the curtain and began making sexual comments as he sat down on her cot, according to the statement, asking for sex and then touching her sexually over her clothing.

She at first thought he was kidding, according to court documents, but then recoiled and moved away. Murduck then told her he had a knife and showed her a silver penknife, extending the blade, pushing her back against the wall and pressing his body into hers, according to a statement of facts. She shoved him away and ran, but didn't tell anyone.

Later that morning, a 16-year-old girl visiting the nurse's suite with two friends used the scale in the area with the cots and Murduck came up behind her, put his arms around her and his hands down her clothing, according to court documents. When she shouted "No!" her friends heard her, and one saw him pull his hands away, according to reports. They immediately reported it to the vice principal. Murduck was suspended, and arrested two days later, after the younger girl told her parents, who called police.

Murduck, a tall youth with close-cropped hair, wore jeans and a sweat shirt in the courtroom. He made no comment. Deputy District Public Defender Louis P. Willemin said sentencing was delayed so he can arrange for a place for Murduck to live when he gets out of jail.


Copyright © 2020, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad