- First-half goal by Kaila Spence helps Glenelg girls soccer beat Reservoir 1-0 for first county championship in program history.
- Second-half goal by senior defender Robby Groman helps ninth-seeded Marriotts Ridge boys soccer defeat Centennial for the Mustangs' first county championship since 2013.
Most popular Maryland
- Karida Collins' Neighborhood Fiber Co., a Baltimore-based hand-dyed yarn company, has a famous customer in Kamala Harris and a history that has unrolled over 15 years.
- After the Howard County Council last week unanimously passed legislation to require certain single-user restrooms in the county to be open to anyone, advocates in the disability and LGBTQ communities are now looking toward implementation.
- The coronavirus pandemic caused Howard County school buildings to remain shuttered for nearly a year, canceled events like homecoming and prom, and diminished the fulfillment of finally being on the top of the high school food chain. As hybrid learning has begun, however, some of the district’s high school seniors decided to return to classrooms for the last few months of the academic year.
- We have been enjoying meals on our patio and outdoors at Howard County restaurants. Warmer weather has encouraged us to go out and do things again.
- On April 24, the Montpelier Festival of Herbs, Tea and the Arts will be held virtually amid the coronavirus pandemic, with video events scheduled throughout the day.
- After a 1-1 tie through 100 minutes, Centennial got successful PK’s from Eddie Aguilar, Sammy Molz, Andrew Fritz and Kodee Karcher, while goalie Parker Gerrity came up with a key save to help the home team claim a 4-2 win in the shootout.
Howard County photos
- The Howard County Public School System on Thursday released the schedule for its in-person high school graduation ceremonies this spring, staggered from May 28 to June 4.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball announced Thursday another proposed large payment toward the public school system’s health fund deficit.
- Artist Andrei Trach will have eight new drawings featured in the upcoming Resident Visual Artists Exhibit , opening April 24 and running through May 29, at the Howard County Arts Council in Ellicott City.
- After the coronavirus pandemic caused the shuttering of Laurel Manor House Bed and Breakfast, the Everetts will be welcoming guests — one party at a time — to their lovingly restored and charming historic property beginning April 26.