- Donovan Pines, a 23-year-old Clarksville native, made his USMNT debut against Martinique on July 15 then played 75 minutes in a 1-0 victory over Canada on Sunday.
- Oakland Mills junior Judson Lincoln IV headlines the 2021 Howard County Boys Outdoor Track and Field All-County list as the Athlete of the Year.
Most popular Maryland
- The backlog of Baltimore-area criminal cases includes those of a police sergeant accused of assault, an alleged drug conspiracy involving a prominent defense attorney, and a husband accused of murdering his wife and blaming a panhandler.
- A Columbia man who livestreamed himself at the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for entering the building.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on Wednesday announced the introduction of emergency legislation to extend outdoor dining at bars and restaurants that expanded service during the coronavirus pandemic until Nov. 15.
- Howard junior Nimrit Ahuja headlines the 2021 Howard County Girls Track and Field All-County package as the Athlete of the Year.
- Newly hired Columbia Association CEO and President Lakey Boyd said she aims to use her position to promote a positive environment for those who live and work in Columbia.
- A 35-year-old Baltimore man was found guilty by a Howard County jury of attempted second-degree murder after fleeing from Baltimore County police officers and firing shots at them in Elkridge last year.
Howard County photos
- Howard County police have arrested a 34-year-old man in the May 30 shooting of Jaden Ealey, who died nearly two weeks later as a result of his injuries, the department said Tuesday.
- Marriotts Ridge sophomore Maisy Clevenger headlines the 2021 Howard County girls lacrosse All-County package after leading the state-champion Mustangs in scoring.
- Three days after a 21-year-old man was fatally shot by police officers outside a McDonald’s restaurant, a Maryland police chief provided details Monday about the “armed standoff,” but did not say what prompted officers to kill the suspect.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises students who are not vaccinated to wear masks in school, but some Baltimore-area districts say they plan to leave the choice to parents.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on Friday announced Department of Fire and Rescue Services Chief Bill Anuszewski will retire at the end of August.