- William N. “Bill” Koutrelakos, a veteran Baltimore City Public Schools educator and principal who was an active member of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation, died June from complications of COVID-19.
- Airline delays and cancellations are causing headaches for travelers in the Baltimore region and across the U.S. as demand has picked up and hubs such as BWI Marshall approach their busiest month.
Most popular Maryland
- Bernice Howard Carver, a retired Baltimore City Schools teacher whose baseball enthusiasm earned her a seat at Earl Weaver’s dinner table, has died. The former Woodington Road and Ellicott City resident was 82.
- After a two-day trial in U.S. District Court in Greenbelt, jurors found that an Anne Arundel County Police corporal did not use excessive force in 2014 when he let his canine partner bite a suspect following a cross-county car chase.
- The Maryland State Department of Education will grant more than $169 million to school systems across the state as part of the Maryland Leads Initiative.
Howard County photos
- Howard County Center For The Arts is home to 14 professionals including painters, photographers and artists whose mediums include stained glass and mosaics.
- An Ellicott City based nonprofit, HoCo Pirate Adventures creates monthly scavenger hunts for families and also donates to community-based charities. Its creator, Chris Fuchs was recently named the Howard County winner of the William Donald Schaefer Helping People Award by the Office of the Comptroller of Maryland.
- Federal prosecutors have dropped the case against a Maryland retired U.S. Army colonel and another businessperson after new evidence surfaced days before they were set to stand trial for a second time on allegations that they conspired to pay millions of dollars in bribes to Haitian officials.
- Marion E. “Elain” House, whose career as a physical education instructor and award-winning coach at Lansdowne High School spanned more than three decades, died Thursday from bladder cancer at her Linthicum home. She was 76.