- Howard County police are investigating a single-vehicle collision in Ellicott City that left one person dead Wednesday afternoon.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on Wednesday put his support behind keeping — but changing — the public school system’s program to have police officers in some buildings.
- Since the announcement that Girl Scouts of Central Maryland was looking to possibly sell Camp Ilchester in Ellicott City, Howard County Girl Scouts and their parents have been organizing and collecting ideas on how to stop the potential sale.
Most popular Maryland
- The Howard County Public School System has announced its 2021 principal and teachers of the year. A reception with the school board and superintendent to celebrate the three educators is planned for Sept. 23.
- Clearly, we are dealing with a racial problem that surpasses Howard County youth. It identifies a growing cancer in the Howard County community. What residents should demand is for government officials to create a structure that can end this right away.
- Howard County on Tuesday became the first jurisdiction in the Baltimore region — and second in Maryland — to have 50% of its residents at least partially vaccinated against the coronavirus, according to the Maryland Department of Health.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball presented his $1.88 billion operating budget for the upcoming fiscal year, $100 million more than last fiscal year’s proposal, during a virtual presentation to the County Council on Monday evening.
- The lawsuit, filed in Anne Arundel Circuit County Monday, includes two counts against Ecology Services, Inc. for the alleged violations at its Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard property. One count is for operating without a permit for 213 days in 2020. It comes with a civil penalty of up to $10,000 for each day with a permit, according to the suit.
Howard County photos
- William H. Dreyer Jr., a retired industrial and interior designer who was a master model builder and a collector of model cars, died April 9 at Stella Maris Hospice. The Rodgers Forge resident was 85.
- Mango Grove, an Indian restaurant in Columbia that was destroyed by a gas explosion more than a year and a half ago, will reopen Monday with carryout and delivery service.
- A look around Howard County sports, including Marcus Lewis stepping down as Marriotts Ridge football coach and high school Player of the Week voting.
- First-half goal by Kaila Spence helps Glenelg girls soccer beat Reservoir 1-0 for first county championship in program history.