- U.S. Rep. John Sarbanes' bill would provide for automatic voter registration and expand early voting and voting by mail.
- Kyleigh Eaton, who was a first team All-County performer as a sophomore in 2019, is a standout lacrosse goalie who has developed a passion for photography during her time at Atholton High School in Columbia.
Most popular Maryland
- Reservoir High School students made an excellent showing at the virtual Future Business Leaders of America state conference last month. Sophomore Yuanchu Kambon and junior Joshua Hirschfeld placed second overall in their respective competitive events.
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan and Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on Thursday toured Howard’s sole mass COVID-19 vaccination site inside the former Lord & Taylor department store at The Mall in Columbia.
- Ellicott City-based Huntress, a cbersecurity firm, has raised $40 million in investments to expand its small business customers.
- Columbia residents Edward and Christina Sledge released their first book together, “The Story of Christina and I: A Real-Life Urban Fairy Tale,” in March.
- John Goodman, a lifelong resident, has lots of stories about Howard County and the interesting people who have lived here throughout the years. He contacted me recently with some stories about Fred Lewis, a veterinarian, who opened the first veterinary hospital in Howard County in 1957.
Howard County photos
- The owner of a Maryland physical therapy business is facing up to five years in prison after pleading guilty to not paying more than $258,000 in federal employment taxes.
- A Sykesville man was sentenced Wednesday to 10 years in prison for causing a collision last March while under the influence of cocaine that left a Howard County man dead, the Howard County State’s Attorney’s Office announced.
- Doris T. Slack, the president of her family’s funeral home who was named to Howard County’s Women’s Hall of Fame, died of vascular disease April 29 at Bryant Woods Manor assisted living in Columbia. The longtime Ellicott City resident was 92.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on Tuesday announced $1.5 million in state funding for the Savage Mill Trail and a Patapsco Regional Greenway spur connecting Elkridge to the Guinness Open Gate Brewery in Baltimore County.
- Howard County police are investigating a two-vehicle collision in Jessup that left a Glen Burnie man dead Tuesday evening.