- Marion E. “Elain” House, whose career as a physical education instructor and award-winning coach at Lansdowne High School spanned more than three decades, died Thursday from bladder cancer at her Linthicum home. She was 76.
Most popular Maryland
- A dual-threat quarterback, a do-everything basketball player and a state champion track athlete, Glenelg senior Bisi Owens did it all to be selected as The Baltimore Sun’s 2021-22 high school boys Athlete of the Year.
- Thomas M. “Tom” Graham, former executive editor of Patuxent Publishing Corp.’s newspaper who later became the longtime editor of The Washington Post’s health section, died Wednesday on his 48th wedding anniversary from complications of cancer at his Columbia home. He was 71.
- Rising costs fired by inflation are top of mind for most Maryland voters, but something the state's many gubernatorial candidates — even as governor — can do little about. The candidates' economic plans focus instead on jobs, wages and new investments to benefit workers.
Howard County photos
- With a story that began with giving back, but has required great resilience and fortitude, E.C. Pops has become a place for gourmet popcorn, unique food, fun and a safe space for all.
- Howard County and Army leaders gathered at Defense Media Activity, a federal office on Fort Meade, in May to celebrate the signing of the Army’s 100th Intergovernmental Support Agreement.
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball announced at a news conference Wednesday morning a proposal to create a new LGBTQIA+ commission, intended to support the gay and transgender community in the county.
- Baltimore Police have arrested a 15-year-old in the double shooting at the Inner Harbor promenade on Memorial Day weekend that left one teen dead and another injured.