- The Koreatown Planning Committee Board, originally formed in summer 2019 to rebrand Koreatown in Ellicott City, has been fundraising for the past nearly two years for the installation of two traditional, Korean palace-style signs to replace the current “Korean Way” signage on either side of Route 40.
- "Let us all commit to working together to stop all hatred, bigotry and violence to anyone based upon their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity."
- A Howard County teacher and lacrosse coach will serve two years in prison after pleading guilty to the sexual abuse of a student, the Howard County State’s Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.
Most popular Maryland
- Rise Above Aerial Arts, a new aerial arts studio offering classes in Columbia and Ellicott City, celebrated its grand opening last weekend by holding free pole fitness classes for women in the community.
- "Programs like Head Start are just the beginning of what is possible when we invest and support our working families in Howard County. We’ll continue to work toward a community where all our children have the resources and support needed to thrive."
- Howard County entrepreneur and former school board vice-chairman Brian Meshkin has been indicted in Southern California on federal conspiracy charges and accused of a kickback scheme that reaped millions of dollars.
- Lightning struck a house in Howard County on Monday evening amid severe thunderstorms across Maryland, a county fire and rescue services spokesperson confirmed.
- Four star athletes from Laurel play baseball for the Salisbury Sea Gulls and recently won the Coast to Coast Athletic Conference National Championship.
Howard County photos
- Paula Lynette Deadwyler, a former Housing Authority of Baltimore City manager who later purchased former Gov. William Donald Schaefer’s home in West Baltimore, has died. She was 61.
- Marriotts Ridge boys lacrosse senior Jack Slack and Hammond sophomore track hurdler Morgan Lane are the Howard County Athletes of the Week for the week of June 7.
- For Orioles rookie Bruce Zimmermann, an Ellicott City native and Loyola Blakefield graduate who began his college career at Towson University, the foundation for pitching that helped him at every step in his career came from his father, Bruce Sr.
- Mt. Hebron's Trinetra Vijayakumar, the Centennial pair of Rose Huang and Michelle Fradlin, and the Reservoir duo of Yari Armand and Joshua Cai all earned state titles while representing Howard County at the Wilde Lake Tennis Club on June 19, 2021.
- The Oakland Mills boys track and field team won seven gold medals and the MPSSAA Class 3A championship on Saturday, June 19, 2021. In total, Howard County athletes took home 14 gold medals at the state meet.
- The Marriotts Ridge girls lacrosse team defeated C. Milton Wright 15-11 Friday night to secure the program’s first state championship since 2014.