- Howard County entrepreneur and former school board vice-chairman Brian Meshkin has been indicted in Southern California on federal conspiracy charges and accused of a kickback scheme that reaped millions of dollars.
- Lightning struck a house in Howard County on Monday evening amid severe thunderstorms across Maryland, a county fire and rescue services spokesperson confirmed.
- Four star athletes from Laurel play baseball for the Salisbury Sea Gulls and recently won the Coast to Coast Athletic Conference National Championship.
Most popular Maryland
- Paula Lynette Deadwyler, a former Housing Authority of Baltimore City manager who later purchased former Gov. William Donald Schaefer’s home in West Baltimore, has died. She was 61.
- Marriotts Ridge boys lacrosse senior Jack Slack and Hammond sophomore track hurdler Morgan Lane are the Howard County Athletes of the Week for the week of June 7.
- For Orioles rookie Bruce Zimmermann, an Ellicott City native and Loyola Blakefield graduate who began his college career at Towson University, the foundation for pitching that helped him at every step in his career came from his father, Bruce Sr.
- Mt. Hebron's Trinetra Vijayakumar, the Centennial pair of Rose Huang and Michelle Fradlin, and the Reservoir duo of Yari Armand and Joshua Cai all earned state titles while representing Howard County at the Wilde Lake Tennis Club on June 19, 2021.
- The Oakland Mills boys track and field team won seven gold medals and the MPSSAA Class 3A championship on Saturday, June 19, 2021. In total, Howard County athletes took home 14 gold medals at the state meet.
Howard County photos
- The Marriotts Ridge girls lacrosse team defeated C. Milton Wright 15-11 Friday night to secure the program’s first state championship since 2014.
- The Howard girls track and field team won the MPSSAA Class 4A championship on Friday, June 18, while the Lions' boys squad finished tied for second.
- A recently married teacher from Elkridge is set to get $40,000 from Maryland’s VaxCash lottery, according to Maryland Lottery officials.
- Richard Eaton Llewellyn, a retired Northrop Grumman engineer who made videos of his global travels, has died at 75.
- Sam Larkin hit a decisive two-run home run in the fifth inning and pitcher Jerzie Nutile flirted with perfection as Chesapeake defeated Reservoir, 3-1, Friday morning to win the 3A state title at Bachman Sports Complex in Glen Burnie.