- A variety of holiday activities await those who dare to be scared in Howard County, such as the Browns Bridge Light Show, at 7621 Browns Bridge Road in Highland, which is running nightly through Halloween.
- A roundup of volleyball and soccer scores in Howard County on Thursday, Oct. 21.
Most popular Maryland
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on Thursday pre-filed legislation that would create a Police Accountability Board, which would receive complaints about police misconduct from the public and work with the Howard County Police Department and Howard County Sheriff’s Office.
- Shopping patterns established during the COVID pandemic are here to stay, experts say, with further growth expected in home delivery, curbside pickup and online subscriptions of everything from pet food to coffee.
- St. John’s Jewelers, a family- and woman-owned business that has been operating in Ellicott City for 48 years, is using its influence to help the next generation of small-business owners.
- Despite a persistent attack, particularly in the second half and 20 minutes of overtime, the Vikings’ offensive effort went for naught. The Gladiators’ defense simply didn’t budge as the teams settled on a 0-0 double overtime tie.
- AJ Eyre scored three goals in the second half, part of a run in which No. 4 Glenelg scored four straight over the final 30:28 to pull away for a 5-2 win over host No. 5 River Hill.
Howard County photos
- Just as Broadway in New York reopened last month, many Howard County high school theater departments are returning to live performances after over a year of shuttered stages due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- In anticipation of federal regulators soon authorizing vaccines for children ages 5 to 11, state and county health officials in Maryland are preparing to launch school-based vaccination clinics and specialty sites for this age group in addition to offering shots at existing clinics.
- This month, Howard County-based Chasing Childhood Cancer will be holding its second annual virtual 5K from Oct. 20-27 to raise support for the Claudia Mayer/Tina Broccolino Cancer Resource Center at Howard County General Hospital.
- A roundup of soccer and volleyball scores in Howard County on Tuesday, Oct. 19, as well as soccer, field hockey and volleyball scores on Monday, Oct. 18.
- Much attention has been paid to the racial and ethnic disparities that have guided much of the public health crisis’s impact. But geographic ones exist, too, even in relatively highly vaccinated states like Maryland.