xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

Family displaced after Bel Air apartment fire Wednesday

At least two people were displaced from a Bel Air apartment after a kitchen fire Wednesday night, the second dwelling fire in Harford County Wednesday.

Firefighters with the Bel Air, Abingdon and Joppa-Magnolia volunteer fire companies converged on the 900 block of Pentwood Road in the Seasons at Bel Air apartment complex off Brierhill Drive.

Advertisement

Bel Air Fire Chief Rick Davis said the fire was contained to the kitchen of one apartment on the second floor, and no one was injured. The family that lived in the unit has been displaced.

Fire crews were alerted around 10:20 p.m., Davis said.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Residents who live in the affected building and neighboring buildings gathered outside to watch the firefighters work.

Son Van To, who lives in the affected building, said he did not know what was happening until he heard someone pounding on his door.

"I opened the door, everybody said, 'Go, out, out, out!' " he recounted.

Rue Gibbs, of Edgewood, was visiting his girlfriend, Amy Dennison, who lives across the street from the building.

Advertisement

The couple stood outside watching; Dennison held her 2-year-old son.

"I came out to smoke a cigarette, and saw all the fire trucks out here," Gibbs said.

He saw firefighters knock the window in and then spray water inside.

"When they started spraying it, smoke basically covered all this," he said, indicating the building.

Fire crews left the scene shortly after 11 p.m.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement