Advertisement

Man suffers second-degree burns when RV catches fire in Hickory Wednesday

A 66-year-old man was burned Wednesday afternoon after an RV caught fire, a spokeswoman for the Harford Volunteer Fire & EMS Association said.

The fire was reported around 5:20 p.m. in the 2200 block of Ady Road in Hickory and was out when firefighters arrived, said Jenn Chenworth.

Advertisement

Carroll Hopkins was working on his 1978 Winnebago motorhome when the fire started in the interior engine compartment, according to a notice of investigation from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Five firefighters from Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company responded.

Hopkins, who suffered second-degree burns after pouring gasoline into the carburetor in an attempt to start the motorhome, was taken by County Medic 1 to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore where he was in stable condition Thursday morning with non-life threatening injuries, according to the fire marshal.

The fire caused about $1,000 in damage to the motorhome.

Advertisement
Advertisement