A Bel Air eatery was forced to temporarily close its doors after a mulch fire broke out Sunday afternoon, the Office of the State Fire Marshal reported.
Einstein Bros Bagels, on Marketplace Drive, was shut down when a fire was reported at 3:56 p.m. Sunday, according to a notice of investigation from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
The mulch fire was accidentally caused by discarded cigarettes and caused $30,000 worth of damage, according to the notice of investigation.
The building looked undamaged from the outside Monday morning; however, it was closed awaiting a Health Department evaluation because of smoke throughout the structure, according to the Fire Marshal's Office.
Einstein Bros Manager Jim Gehman, who was offering coffee to customers who stopped by Monday morning, said he expects the business to reopen Tuesday.
About 15 firefighters from Bel Air, Abingdon and Joppa fire companies spent 10 minutes controlling the fire, according to fire investigators.