The Aegis
Harford County

Man accused of pointing gun at people in Edgewood

A man who may be homeless was charged with pointing a gun at people twice in Edgewood Thursday, according to charging documents.

John Bolden, 53, also known as "Johnny," was arrested Friday and charged with first- and second-degree assault and having a dangerous weapon with intent to injure.


No one was hurt in either of the incidents, and the victims and suspect are acquainted with each other, according to the documents.

The first incident was reported in the 800 block of Windstream Way at 11:32 p.m. Thursday, when Bolden allegedly pointed a handgun through a glass storm door at a couple in the home as they stood in the doorway.


The couple told Harford County Sheriff's Office deputies that someone had been pounding on the door. One of the victims opened the door, but left the glass storm door shut.

The victim said the man at the door was calling him out, possibly for a fight, when Bolden came from around the corner and pointed a gun at the victim and his wife.

The victim said he has known Bolden for several years.

The Aegis: Top stories

The Aegis: Top stories


Daily highlights from Harford County's number one source for local news.

Bolden is believed to be homeless, but frequents the Village at Lake View apartments in Edgewood, according to the charging documents. State court records, however, list his address as Forge Hill Road in Bel Air.

The victim said he then slammed the door and called police. The other victim went upstairs and saw Bolden, the other suspect and two women walk in the direction of Fountain Rock Way.

Deputies searched the area but could not find the suspects, according to the charging documents.

Half an hour earlier, one of the victims said he had been confronted by Bolden near Crimson Tree Way.

Bolden allegedly got out of a vehicle and approached the victim as he walked to a store.


Bolden did not say anything, but allegedly pulled out a gold revolver and pointed it at the victim's head.

The victim said he ran home and called police anonymously, but deputies did not find anything after searching the area.