Harford County Commission on Veterans' Affairs is hosting Veterans' Muster from 9 a.m. to noon May 17 at the William N. McFaul Activities Center at 525 W. MacPhail Road in Bel Air.
The event is planned as an effort for the Harford County Commission on Veterans' Affairs to serve the county's veterans and their families. All Veterans living in Harford and Cecil counties are invited to participate. Pre-registration is not required, but it is appreciated.
The event will include:
• Recognition for women who served in the Women's Army Corps (WAC), Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), Women in the Air Force (WAF), Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service (WAVES), and United States Coast Guard Women's Reserve (SPAR);
• Recognition for Vietnam era Veterans;
• A briefing on veterans' benefits from Phil Surace, supervisor of the Disabled American Veterans National Service Office in Baltimore;
• Assistance for veterans in requesting their military service records;
• Veterans' organizations' information;
• Chesapeake Shredding will be on site from 9 to 11 a.m. and veterans may bring up to three boxes each of personal documents for disposal at no cost.
Any Harford County veteran or resident who has concerns regarding veterans' or veterans' family member issues should contact Annie Brock, or any member of the Commission. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 443-686-1484 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HarfordVeterans. If you would like to register for the muster, please log onto