Fallston, CMW tie, giving North Harford boys soccer division title

Fallston and visiting C. Milton Wright played for 100 minutes Monday night in an UCBAC Chesapeake Division boys soccer game that was supposed to declare a champion. The two teams tied, 1-1, and neither of them was the champion.

By a third conference tie-breaker, North Harford (5-1-1, 9-1-2) is declared champs, with the best overall win percentage among the three.


Fallston (5-1-1,10-2-1) scored first, less than eight minutes into the game. Cooper Andrus controlled a rebound, dribbled to his left and hit a high shot inside the far post. Conrad Boyd had taken the initial shot on a breakaway of sorts, but CMW goalie Ryan Miller made a sliding save.

Ben Word nearly put the Cougars up, 2-0, 11 minutes later, but his shot sailed just past the right post. The Mustangs had a few decent chances over the first 40 minutes, but nothing found the net.


CMW (5-1-1, 7-4-1) did answer, however, with 18:14 left to play on a corner kick. The opportunity came after two straight long throw-ins by Seth Walter, that were turned away. Steven Cantor took the kick, sending the ball across the goal, where Walter put his head on it and into the goal.

The Mustangs also had what looked like a go-ahead goal with 6:00 to play. A hand ball gave the Mustangs a direct kick just outside the box. Kyle Walters hit the shot that bounced off the upper left corner where the post meets the crossbar.

Both teams had limited chances in the two 10-minute overtime periods, but no goals.

Fallston goalie Patrick Coonan finished with six saves, while CMW keeper Ryan Miller had five, including his final three that saved the game for the Mustangs.

Patriots beat Bobcats

John Carroll knocked off host Bel Air, 1-0, Monday night. Jake Dengler scored the winning goal off a free kick from half field.

Eagles beat Warriors

Aberdeen (2-5, 6-7-1) beat host Havre de Grace (0-6-1, 4-7-1), 2-0, Monday in Chesapeake play.

Aberdeen goals, both in the second half, were scored by Ange Michel Wangu and SeanMichael Lynn, with assists from Alex Wardle and Lynn.

Aberdeen goalie Anthony Cuellar made six saves and Havre de Grace goalie Aaron Toepfer made eight saves.


Top seed Harford Christian won the Maryland Association of Christian Schools Athletic Conference championship Saturday, shutting out visiting and number two seed Carroll Christian, 4-0.


Noah Akers and Ian Edwards, both seniors, scored two goals each. Akers, Ian Edwards, Jared Lanchak and Jake Edwards were all part of the All-Tournament Team and Akers was the All-Tournament MVP.

Patriots win in OT

John Carroll scored a 2-1 overtime victory over visiting Mount St. Joe on Friday, avenging an earlier 4-0 loss. St. Joe went up, 1-0, in the first half, but the Patriots were able to draw even with four minutes left in the game behind a Jake Dengler goal. In the first OT period, with one minute left on the clock, Ryan Waugh put the Patriots in the win column with a loose ball goal inside the box.

Mustangs get shutout

C. Milton Wright dropped a non-league game to visiting Salesianum, De., 2-0, Friday.

Gavin Ford and Trevor Clare scored a goal each for the winners. CMW goalie Ryan Miller made five saves.

The game was scoreless at the half.

Hawks blank Warriors

North Harford (5-1-1, 9-1-2) finished off a strong season of boys soccer Thursday night, visiting and shutting out Havre de Grace (0-6-1, 4-6-1), 5-0, in an UCBAC Chesapeake Division game.

Kahled Abuhantash scored a pair of goals to pace the Hawks scoring, while single goals were scored by Tyler Grubb, Drew Ryan and Zach Helewicz.

Jordan Abuhantash added two assists and Hawks goalie Jake McKinney finished with three saves.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun