Aberdeen, Perryville battle to tie in boys soccer

Aberdeen's Duane Keller gets the ball and heads toward the goal during Monday's game against Perryville at Aberdeen.
Aberdeen's Duane Keller gets the ball and heads toward the goal during Monday's game against Perryville at Aberdeen.(Aegis staff photo by Matt Button, Baltimore Sun Media Group)

Aberdeen and visiting Perryville matched up for a boys soccer game Monday and when play was over – two halves and two additional overtime periods – nothing was settled and the game ended in a 2-2 tie.

Aberdeen scored first in each half, but Perryville countered with a tying goal each time.


Duane Keller and Jeremy Kalwa scored for the Eagles (1-1-2) and Jon Baldauf added an assist.

Dillon Drouillard tallied Perryville's first goal, with assist from Sarp Hamamcioglu. Hamamcioglu added the Panthers second goal, knocking in a rebound off a Drouillard shot.


Aberdeen goalie Anthony Cuellar finished with eight saves, while Zach Strong stooped 13 shots in the Perryville (0-2-1) nets.

Mustangs still unbeaten

C. Milton Wright (4-0-1) stayed unbeaten, beating Perry Hall on the road, 3-1.

Steven Cantor, David Bishop and Corey Alt scored for the Mustangs in the second half. Robbie Elliott and Seth Walter added assists.

Ryan Miller made seven saves in the Mustangs goal. Caleb Macie came on and had none.

Other score

Also Monday, John Carroll shut out North Harford, 4-0. Stats were not provided.

Bobcats get win

Bel Air (3-0) traveled to Churchill Saturday and returned a 1-0 winner. Zach Memmo scored the winning goal with the assist by Alex Munley.

CMW plays to tie

C. Milton Wright visited and tied Salesianum, 1-1, in Delaware on Saturday. David Bishop scored the CMW goal with an assist from Kyle Walters. Freshman goalie Ryan Miller made 13 saves.

Tech Tournament


Harford Tech hosted its Cobra Tournament Saturday and Rising Sun was crowned champion after shutting out Edgewood, 6-0, in the championship and Joppatowne, 10-0, in the semifinals.

Edgewood beat Tech, 1-0, in the other semifinal, while Tech edged Joppatowne, 3-2, in the consolation.

HCS beats Elkton

In the only boys soccer game played Friday, Harford Christian defeated visiting Elkton, 3-1.

Ian Edwards, Tim Guertler and Sean Hughes accounted the Eagles goals, all unassisted.

Serebe Kajubi netted Elkton's goal, with an assist from Brady Simon.

Warriors edge Tech in OT

Havre de Grace and Harford Tech needed a little extra time Thursday night to settle their boys soccer game at Tech.

In overtime, Kevin Vickery finished off a throw-in by Nick Burley to give Havre de Grace a 3-2 win over the Cobras.

Burley gave the Warriors a 1-0 lead in the game's 10th minute, scoring after Zak Wilson's shot was saved by Tech keeper Adam Bednarek.

Havre de Grace carried the 1-0 lead into halftime, but Tech evened the score 19 minutes into the second half. Flavio Reyes did the honors.

Two minutes later, Burley scored again, pushing home a through pass from Elliott Scott.

Tech retied the game again with six minutes left. Bryce Dean tallied the goal. Dylan Brown added an assist for Tech.

Aaron Toepfer earned the win, making five saves, while Bednarek finished with 15 saves for Tech.

Other score

North Harford beat visiting Edgewood, 6-2, Thursday. Stats were not provided by either team.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun