A fire on a deck spread and engulfed a shed in Baldwin Saturday evening, fire officials.

The deck attached to a building in the 3100 block of Morningside Court caught fire around 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jennifer Chenworth-Price, spokesperson for Harford County Fire and EMS, said.

Advertisement

Firefighters from the Fallston, Jarrettsville and Bel Air volunteer fire companies responded to the fire, which spread to a shed also on the property, Chenworth-Price said.

No injuries were reported, Chenworth-Price said. She said the last fire unit cleared the area at around 8:41 p.m.

According to a report from the Maryland State Fire Marshall's office, the home owner, David Demaine, was home in the 1 1/2 story single family home when the fire began.

The fire began on the rear deck, where the homeowner was using a homemade BBQ grill, according to the report. The Fire Marshall's Office declared it an accident.

It took about 10 minutes to get the one-alarm fire under control, according to the report. It caused $5,000 in structural damage and $100 in damage to its contents.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement