The Aegis
Harford County

Accused Advanced Granite shooter takes the stand, as fourth day of murder trial ends with fiery cross-examination

Radee Labeeb Prince, the man accused of carrying out a 2017 workplace shooting in Edgewood, took the stand Thursday and admitted he shot five coworkers, killing three and injuring two others. But the day ended with a tense cross-examination as Prince fired back questions at the prosecutor.



Prince, 40, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two attendant firearms charges in connection to an October 2017 shooting at Advanced Granite Solutions.

Radee Prince is accused of killing three people and injuring two others at Advanced Granite Solutions in Edgewood in October 2017.

Killed in the shooting were Bayarsaikhan Tudev, 53, of Virginia; Jose Hidalgo Romero, 34, of Aberdeen; and Enis Mrvoljak, 48, of Dundalk. Jose Roberto Flores Guillen of Edgewood, and Enoc Sosa of North East, were injured in the attack. Both Guillen and Sosa testified for the state earlier in the week.

Though Judge Yolanda Curtin reminded Prince on several occasions to only provide answers to questions asked — not to ask his own — Prince questioned Harford County Assistant State’s Attorney Timothy Doory on several occasions about past convictions and said he was lying to the jury.

Defense attorneys also presented a videotaped deposition of Prince’s girlfriend and testimony from Prince’s childhood friend on Thursday. But the most outspoken defender of Prince was Prince himself.

Prince took the stand and admitted he shot five of his coworkers — killing three — at the granite shop, and said he did so because he feared for his safety.

He claimed prior entanglements and disagreements with Rashan “Jason” Baul in Delaware had led Baul to hire others to assault him in 2014. Prince said he had been stabbed in the face, and the defense showed pictures of a stitched up head wound to the jury, as well as pictures of Prince in the hospital.

In May 2018, Prince was sentenced to 40 years in prison in Delaware court for shooting Baul at his auto sales business in Wilmington. The Delaware shooting occurred just hours after the Advanced Granite shootings.

Prince said the fear of being assaulted again, as well as behavior from his coworkers at the granite shop, put him on edge. For that reason, he said, he had his gun on him “wherever [he] went.”


On Oct. 18, 2017, Prince testified, he called his coworkers together to try to “coexist" when he claimed to see a motion to his side and started shooting.

“On my left I saw a move; I saw it was a threatening motion,” he said.

With defense attorney John Janowich questioning him, Prince spoke softly, prompting prosecutors to ask him to speak more clearly into the microphone at the witness stand. But when he spoke with Doory on cross-examination, the two grew progressively louder, and mild, ringing feedback accompanied Prince’s testimony from the courtroom’s speakers.

Doory asked Prince to imitate the motion he saw in his peripheral vision that led him to start shooting, but Prince did not. Doory also questioned Prince’s resume, saying he omitted a previous job where he was fired for fighting with another worker.

Prince said he quit that job, but Doory said Prince had gone to that former workplace and sat in the parking lot before proceeding with the shooting at Advanced Granite, suggesting he was waiting to settle a score with his former coworker.

“Show me evidence,” Prince said.


“We may yet,” Doory responded.

On the stand, Prince went on the offensive, asking Doory about cases he prosecuted, including Joseph Parrish, who he roomed with in jail. Parrish has repeatedly argued that he was railroaded at trial.

In October 2019, Parrish was convicted of first-degree murder and witness retaliation. A jury found him to have killed a 61-year-old Havre de Grace man who Parrish was accused of previously robbing and who was slated to testify against him in the robbery case.

Both Doory and Prince spoke over each other during much of the cross-examination.

Prince also disagreed with the prosecution’s characterization of the events, saying the shootings were not planned as an “attack spree." Had it been planned, he could have stocked up on guns and ammunition, he said.

The Morning Sun


Get your morning news in your e-mail inbox. Get all the top news and sports from the

“You are sitting here saying I planned this,” Prince said. “Why wouldn’t I have bought bullets beforehand?”


“It is your job to answer that,” Doory shot back.

Doory’s questions were only preliminary, he told Curtin, and Prince’s testimony will continue Friday.

To begin the day, defense attorneys played a videotaped deposition of LaKendra Harris, Prince’s girlfriend, who said that Prince was profoundly changed by a 2014 assault outside a nightclub. After being beaten, she said, he grew paranoid of friends and family.

“He was a completely different person,” she said in the video. “He was paranoid; he would not trust anybody.”

Harris said Prince ate less, stared out of the windows to their home and would sleep irregularly. Adding to that, she said, were his coworkers, who she said would intentionally try to startle him with loud noises and unwelcome touching when he was working at Advanced Granite Solutions.

Prince’s childhood friend Kurtis Parker also testified, saying that Prince was changed after the assault. The two have known each other since grade school, he said.