xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

Two people, including firefighter, taken to hospital after blaze in Havre de Grace

Members of the Susquehanna Hose Company responded to a fire Monday morning in the 700 block of North Adams Street in Havre de Grace.
Members of the Susquehanna Hose Company responded to a fire Monday morning in the 700 block of North Adams Street in Havre de Grace. (Susquehanna Hose Company)

Two people, including a firefighter, were taken to Harford Memorial Hospital after a fire early Monday morning in the 700 block of North Adams Street in Havre de Grace.

The cause of the fire, which began in the living room around 4:49 a.m., remains under investigation, according to a notice from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Advertisement

Investigators credited the working smoke alarm to allow all four adult occupants enough time to escape the house; the occupants are being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance.

One of the female occupants was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, the fire marshal said. A firefighter from the Susquhanna Hose Company was also taken to the hospital for medical issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The fire caused approximately $100,000 in damage to the two-story, single family dwelling, and about $50,000 in damages to its contents, the fire marshal said.

About 40 firefighters from the Susquehanna Hose Company were able to get the fire under control in about 15 minutes.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement