xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

Aberdeen house fire causes about $50,000 in damages

An “unspecified electrical event” sparked a fire Thursday that caused about $50,000 in total damages to an Aberdeen home, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Firefighters from the Aberdeen Fire Department and other companies responded to the 600 block of Edmund Street around 7:49 a.m. Thursday morning, where smoke was showing from the roof.

Advertisement

It took firefighters less than 10 minutes to get the fire in the one-story, single-family dwelling under control, the fire marshal’s office said. Investigators believe the fire started in the attic or ceiling. No one was injured.

The fire marshal’s office reported there were no smoke alarms present in the home.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement