Bel Air man previously threatened to jump White House fence, records show

Dominic Adesanya, the Bel Air man arrested for jumping the White House fence on Wednesday, had previously threatened to do so during a July incident.

The Bel Air man who jumped over the White House fence on Wednesday had threatened to do so in a July incident where he scaled a nearby security barrier, according to court records.

Secret Service officials said 23-year-old Dominic Adesanya climbed the White House's north fence about 7:15 p.m. Wednesday. He was apprehended shortly thereafter and was unarmed. Adesanya was taken to a hospital for evaluation, spokesman Brian Leary said.


Court records show Adesanya had threatened to jump the fence of the president's residence on July 27 when he was charged with unlawful entry, after jumping over a security barrier marked "restricted area do not enter" near the intersection of East Executive Avenue and E Street in Washington.

He told authorities at the time that "the first barrier he had jumped over was easy and that the next fence to the south grounds of the White House would not be a problem as well," according to charging documents.

Adesanya told officers that he was there because he was "being targeted due to his race by the Rothchild family who owned the federal reserve bank," and said that he "wanted the cameras that were placed in his house removed," according to the documents.

Three days later, Adesanya was charged again on July 30 with assaulting police officers. Charging documents said he was standing outside the entry post to the U.S. Treasury Building where he was yelling, "I want my check and stop watching me," according to charging documents.

When officers told him that he did not have a pass or an appointment and tried to get him to leave, he "took up a fighting stance with raised hands, clinched fists and began yelling 'I'm not leaving until I get my check'" and began swinging his arms.

During the scuffle, several officers suffered several scraps and cuts. Adesanya was taken to a local hospital for a medical evaluation for his injuries.

In the July 27 incident, Adesanya was charged with unlawful entry, and on July 30, he was charged with four counts of assaulting a police officer and unlawful entry. He failed to show up for his September court date, online records show.

In Wednesday's security breach, Adesanya is charged with two felony counts of assault on a K-9 police officer, one felony count of making threats and four misdemeanor counts of resisting and unlawful entry, a Secret Service spokesman said. K-9 refers to the team using specially trained dogs.

Surveillance video showed agents surrounding him on the north lawn of the White House, which was put on lockdown for about 90 minutes. It also showed him punch a Secret Service dog as it came at him. Two Secret Service dogs were taken to a veterinarian for treatment after the incident, said Leary, the Secret Service spokesman.

A Harford County schools spokeswoman said Adesanya is a 2009 Fallston High School graduate.

Adesanya was a transfer student at Stevenson University, which he attended for less than a year before leaving in December 2013, a school spokesman said. He is listed as a freshman sprinter on the university's 2012-2013 men's track and field roster, and an item on the school's athletics department website said he placed fourth in a 400-meter race and competed in a 4x400 relay at the May 2013 MAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships.

The incident comes about a month after an intruder armed with a knife scaled the White House fence and made it inside the executive mansion, raising questions about security levels at the heavily guarded complex and spurring the resignation of Julia Pierson, then the director of the Secret Service.

The latest White House security breach happened the same day that a gunman attacked Canada's parliament in Ottawa.

No one could be reached for comment at a number listed for Adesanya's Bel Air home.


Reuters contributed to this article.