Fire damaged a townhouse in Joppa Friday, injuring the owner's cat, according to a fire company spokesman.
Firefighters with the Joppa-Magnolia volunteer fire company were called shortly after 3 p.m. to the 1200 block Plaza Circle to fight a fire inside a two-story end-of-group townhouse, said spokesman Andrew Doyle. The Aberdeen Proving Ground fire department and Kingsville and White Marsh volunteer companies assisted with the blaze.
No one was injured, but firefighters rescued the occupant's cat and used a special animal oxygen mask to treat it. The owner took the pet to a veterinary hospital for treatment, Doyle reported.
The fire apparently started with an electrical failure in a desktop computer, and caused about $25,000 damage, according to the state fire marshal's office. The unit did not have smoke detectors, according to the volunteer fire company spokesman.