Three people were displaced after a single-alarm fire started from a charcoal grill at a Belcamp home Friday, Harford County fire officials said.
About 20 firefighters from Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company was called just before 1:30 a.m. to a two-story home in the 4300 block of Marigold Lane, where flames were showing. No injuries were reported.
The state fire marshal determined the fire was started accidentally from discarded ashes from a charcoal grill on a wood deck. The fire took about 20 minutes to control.
The fire caused $100,000 in damage to the home and possessions, displacing three adults. The office said the American Red Cross was assisting them.
The home did have smoke alarm were in the home and working, the office said.