Bowenâs Chapel, building in the foreground, stands between Uniontown and Union Bridge along Bark Hill Road and served for many years as a church and school for local black families beginning in 1867. The building in the rear, constructed later as a school, allowed Bowenâs Chapel to function solely as a church from the 1890s.
- Original Credit: Carroll Co. Historical Society (Carroll Co. Historical Society / HANDOUT)