- Michael Vincent Bonczewski, 38, of Parkville, faces nine counts that include second-degree rape, sexual abuse of a minor and child porn solicitation that allegedly occurred between the years of 2010 and 2012, according to electronic court records.
- A Carroll County man is accused of asking for and receiving nude photos from two teenage girls in exchange for purchasing them alcohol, then sharing the images on social media, according to court documents.
- A U.S. District Judge sentenced Shon Brian Beck of Eldersburg to 15 years in a federal prison, followed by 25 years of supervised release, for the production and receipt of child pornography.
- A Westminster man has been charged with an attempted armed robbery after he told a Walmart cashier he had a knife and demanded a $100 gift card and cash from the register, police said.
- A Howard County teacher and lacrosse coach will serve two years in prison after pleading guilty to the sexual abuse of a student, the Howard County State’s Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.
- Brandon Lee Matheson Fink, 21, of the 7700 block of Carter Road, has been charged with two felony counts of aggravated animal cruelty, a felony count of promoting/distributing child pornography, two misdemeanor counts of perverted practice and five misdemeanor counts of possessing child pornography, according to Maryland electronic court records.
Popular Carroll County
- The new charges include a felony count of theft scheme, $1,500-$25,000, as well as multiple misdemeanor theft counts and rogue and vagabond counts.
- Carroll County Sheriff’s Office contacted deputy state fire marshals after receiving a complaint of a mailbox explosion on Saturday, May 28. Investigators have investigated three more.
- A Westminster man is facing assault and false imprisonment charges after an incident at the Union Bridge 7-Eleven in late May, according to electronic court records.