All students were dismissed at approximately 2:30 p.m. Thursday from Westminster High School, after the school was searched by police for a threatening note.

At approximately 12:10 p.m. officers from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office responded to the school for the report of a suspicious note found in a classroom. The school was evacuated earlier by school officials after receiving a threat, said CCPS spokeswoman Carey Gaddis.

Detectives along with explosive detection K9 teams responded to check the school. After no threat was found, students and staff were brought back into a secured area of the school around 1:45 p.m., police said. 
All afterschool activities at the school were cancelled, including community use of the school, Gaddis said. 
Police said the investigation is ongoing.  
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Detective Simmons at 410-386-2900 or the Anonymous TIPS Hotline at 1-888-399-TIPP. 

The threat is the second in two days, following another at nearby West Middle School on Wednesday. Police found there was no threat to the school. The student who wrote the note faced no criminal charges in the incident after consulting with West Middle School officials and the Carroll County State's Attorney's Office. 

"Appropriate disciplinary action was taken to address the issue," Gaddis said. 
The situation at Westminster High was the fifth time a threat has been made in a Carroll public school this academic year. 

In December, Century High School was evacuated after a threat was written on a mirror in a girls' bathroom. Winters Mill High School was evacuated on Jan. 28 after a phoned-in bomb threat.

No one was charged in either incident.

In February, Bryce Perri Washington, 18, of Sykesville, was arrested for allegedly writing threats on a wall at Liberty High School. He faces charges including one count of willfull disturbance of activities and two counts of threatening students or personnel. A hearing date has been set for May 26.

On March 20, South Carroll High School was locked down for five hours after someone called in shooting threats. Timothy Edgar Baker, 20, of Mount Airy, was charged with telephone misuse and awaits a jury trial.

Times reporter Heather Cobun contributed to this story.