xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

Fire guts motor home in Westminster

A fire gutted this Winnebago Chieftan in Westminster on Saturday, Aug. 22.
A fire gutted this Winnebago Chieftan in Westminster on Saturday, Aug. 22. (Office of the State Fire Marshal)

An early morning fire in Westminster on Saturday gutted a 44-year-old motor home.

According to a notice of investigation by the Office of the State Fire Marshal, Westminster Fire Engine and Hose Co. No. 1 responded to a call at 1:37 a.m. to a vehicle fire in the 300 block of Ridge Road, Westminster where a 1976 Winnebago Chieftain motor home was ablaze.

Advertisement

Twelve firefighters from the Westminster company had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. The fire originated in the engine compartment. According to the fire marshal’s office, the preliminary cause was accidental due to an unspecified event when the engine was started to charge the batteries.

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement