xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

No injuries from weekend fire on Main Street in Westminster

No injuries were reported after a house fire broke out Saturday in the 100 block of E. Main St., Westminster. The preliminary cause is listed as accidental, stemming from unattended cooking on the stove, according to a notice of investigation from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

It took about 35 firefighters from the Westminster Volunteer Fire Department approximately 30 minutes to control the one-alarm fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family, according to the release.

Advertisement

The value of loss is estimated at $60,000. The smoke alarm in the dwelling was not working at the time of the incident, according to the release.



Advertisement
Advertisement

410-857-3315

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement