xml:space="preserve">

A fire in a Westminster residence the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 3 was likely caused by an electrical failure, investigators say.

No injuries were reported. The homeowner of a house in the 3100 block of Cardinal Drive, Westminster discovered the fire and reported it a few minutes after 1:30 p.m. About 20 firefighters were able to control the fire in approximately 10 minutes, according to a notice of investigation from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. New Windsor Volunteer Fire Department were the primary responders.

Advertisement

The preliminary cause is listed as accidental, due to an unspecified electrical failure, and originated in the home’s attic. The estimated cost of the damages to the structure is $10,000, according to the notice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement