xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement

Taylorsville fire causes $20k in damage

Taylorsville fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage last week.
Taylorsville fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage last week. (Submitted art)

A Taylorsville fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage last week.

The blaze, which occurred in the 2600 block of W. Liberty Road, was preliminarily deemed accidental due to an electrical fire that started in the kitchen, according to a Notice of Investigation from the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Advertisement

Forty firefighters were called at about 9:04 p.m. Friday, Jan. 12, according to the notice, and it took them about 50 minutes to control the fire in the two-story home. The fire was in the wall and extended into the home’s attic, according to the notice.

No one was injured, according to the notice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement