The Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating a Thursday night fire in Sykesville that left one firefighter with minor injuries.
Gamber & Community Fire Company, along with neighboring agencies, got a call at about 10 p.m. to the 100 Block of Henry Avenue in Sykesville, according to a news release from the fire company. Fire crews responded to find a house fire with “smoke and flames showing from the rear” of a two-story, wood frame residence.
“Some fire extended to the roof of the structure around the chimney/flue pipe,” the release details.
The fire originated in the chimney, but spread into the house, according to the fire marshal’s notice of investigation. It has preliminarily been deemed accidental, the notice details.
Forty firefighters controlled the fire in 25 minutes, according to the notice.