I think that Mother Nature is a little confused — we go from hot and humid, tons of rain, to cold and chilly, and … tons of rain.
Hopefully the weather will be perfect for all the upcoming events this fall and during the holiday season. Seriously. In two months, the town of Hampstead will hold its Christmas tree lighting — that’s not that far off! (Mark your calendars for Nov. 30 for that event, more to come).
My folder of press releases is getting thin and I know there is so much to do and see around North Carroll. Please send me your information – it’s a free service and it informs the entire county of what Hampstead, Manchester, Lineboro and surrounding areas, have to offer.
All organizations can send items such as churches, nonprofit groups, businesses holding food drives, and so much more. If you’re not sure your event qualifies, why not reach out via email or a phone call and ask? Hope to hear from you all soon!
Manchester Baptist Church will be hosting a free clothing giveaway from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6. The event is open to the entire family and this annual giveaway will be held in the Fellowship Hall.
The purpose is to provide for those in need of clothing or small household items. A free lunch will be served beginning at 11 a.m.
The church is located at 2933 Manchester Baptist Church Road, Manchester. For information, call 443-291-6317.
Coon Club dances
Kids are back in school and your running around between PTA meetings, school functions, sports, doing homework …
Need a break? Head over to the Coon Club and dance the night away to the music of Red Dirt Revolution on Saturday, Oct. 13.
All the dances have doors opening at 7 p.m., unless otherwise specified; attendees must be 21 and older; and there is a cover charge.
Other upcoming dances include: Surreal, Oct. 20; the Halloween Dance featuring music by Dying Breed on Oct. 27 (there will be costumes and prizes); Bootleg, Nov. 3; Bye Felicia, Nov. 10; Bobby and the Believers, Nov. 17; Ever Rise, Nov. 21; Red Dirt Revolution, Dec. 1; Surreal, Dec. 8; Dave DeMarco Band, Dec. 15; and Big Jack for the New Years Eve Party, Dec. 31.
Don’t forget they offer line dancing lessons each Monday from 7 to 9 p.m. from September until May. The cost is only $5 for lessons and ranges from beginners to advanced; and couples and singles are welcome.
The club is located at 2855 Coon Club Road, Hampstead. For information, call 410-374-9897 or visit www.coonclub.org.
Fall yard sale
The Miller’s Ladies Aid fall yard sale will be held from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20.
You can find treasurers such as seasonal clothing, housewares, shoes, electronics and toys. There will also be a silent auction table and the kitchen will be open all day selling items such as hot dogs, soups, baked goods and more.
If you have items you’d like to donate, you may drop off at the below address Oct. 15 and Oct. 16, from 4 to 7 p.m.; and from 3 to 6 p.m. Oct. 17.
The event will be held in the Picnic Woods Building, 4224 Miller’s Station Road, Manchester. For information, call Laura Geiwitz at 410-239-8935 or Jean Mai at 410-374-5353.
- Community yard sale: Oct. 6, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Immanuel Lutheran Church and Trinity United Church of Christ, Manchester. Rain or shine. Activities, food, vendors. Shred Mill, 1-3 p.m. Information: Rhonda, 443-340-2357, email@example.com; Sue Myers, 443-375-6788, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fourth annual Fall Festival: Oct. 6, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Hampstead Volunteer Fire Company carnival grounds, 1341 N. Main St., Hampstead. Events, activities, food for sale. Admission/parking: free. Shuttle from North Carroll High School. Information: www.hamspteadvfd.org; email@example.com.
- Dinner & Gun Raffle: Oct. 13, doors 4:30 p.m., meal, 5 p.m., Upperco Volunteer Fire Company, 16020 Carnival Ave., Arcadia. $25/person; limited tickets. Information/tickets: 410-887-1576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dance: Oct. 13, doors 7 p.m., Hampstead Volunteer Fire Company, 1341 N. Main St., Hampstead. $20/person. Food and beverage; music by Cheap Sneakers. Information: www.hampsteadvfd.org; 410-259-0888.
- Golf tournament: Oct. 15, Turf Valley Resort, 2700 Turf Valley Road, Ellicott City. Registration, 7:30 a.m.; shotgun start, 9 a.m. $125/person. Benefits playground fund for Spring Garden Elementary, Hampstead. Prizes, 50/50, auction and more. Information: Jason Luckenbaugh, GoOutBeGreatGolf@gmail.com or www.nathanchrisbaker.com/Events/GolfTournament/Nathan-Chris-Baker-Foundation-Golf-Tournament.aspx.
- LEGO and American Girl Bingo: Oct. 19, doors 5:30 p.m., games 7 p.m., Hampstead VFC, 1341 N. Main St., Hampstead. $15/advance; $20/door. Information/tickets: Jaclyn Raver, 410-236-8369.
- Crab Feast: Oct. 20, 4-8 p.m. food, 5-9 p.m. music, Upperco Volunteer Fire Company, 16020 Carnival Ave., Arcadia. $45/person. Must be 21 years or older. Information: Jen, 443-865-4695.Food Pantry: Oct. 20, 8-10 a.m., Lazarus UCC Food Pantry, 5101 S. Church St., Lineboro. Information: 410-374-1304.