How is it already the first week of September? Didn’t the kids just get out of school last week? On Tuesday our daughter started her first day of fourth grade. Hard to believe how quickly it all goes by.
I am sure with school in session, all our calendars will be filling up quickly with events — whether fundraisers, sports activities, plays, recitals, etc. Be sure that your school, if located in Manchester, Hampstead, Lineboro, or surrounding areas, shares their information with me.
Please be sure to include the what, when, where, why and who with your email; and whatever additional information you feel is pertinent, as well as contact information for publication. This column is the perfect place for that bingo fundraiser, a free movie night, or whatever else may be going on.
The Manchester Baptist Church is hosting another movie night on Saturday, Sept. 8, starting at 6:30 p.m. and the movie will begin at dusk.
The evening will feature a showing of “Toy Story 3,” as well as free water and popcorn, games, a bounce house, painting and more. NESAP will be selling hot dogs for a $1 donation; and baked goods will be available for a small donation also. Other than some of the food, the evening is free to the community and toy donations are being accepted.
The church is located at 2933 Manchester Baptist Church Road., Manchester. For information, visit www.manchesterbaptist.org or call 443-291-6317.
Fundraiser for SGE
As mentioned in previous articles, Spring Garden Elementary is working to raise funds for a new playground.
One of the fundraisers they are hosting is a MacBook Air Raffle, valued at $1,199 and is being held now through Sept. 21. Chances are $10 each and the winner will be drawn at Movie Night, at 7:30 p.m.
In the case that the movie night is canceled, the winner will be drawn at 2:10 p.m. Sept. 21. The winner does not need to be present to win. Tickets will be sold through students, but you may also contact the school.
One hundred percent of the ticket cost will benefit the SGE Playground Fund. For parents of SGE students, if you’d like to send your student to school with money, please send exact change in an envelope marked “MacBook Air” and the tickets will be sent home. All completed tickets must be returned prior to the drawing date, and SGE is not responsible for missing tickets.
For information, you may reach the school by calling 410-751-3433.
Discount card fundraiser
The Hampstead Ravens are selling discount cards as a fundraiser for their program.
The card features discounts to local and surrounding area businesses. Those businesses are Cold Stone Creamery, Domino’s Pizza, Illiano’s J&P Restaurant, Rita’s, and Snickerdoodles, all in Hampstead; and Hahn’s, Jiffy Lube, Dick’s, CUP Tea Bar & Café, IHOP, Papa Joe’s, Meraki Salon and Massage, and Players, all in Westminster.
The cards are valid now through September 2019. The cards are only $10 each; and if you use one time at Jiffy Lube, for a $10 off Signature Service Oil Change, you’ve already gotten your money back!
If you would like to purchase a discount card, or for more information, contact cheer director Niki Sanders at email@example.com.
Lineboro Volunteer Fire Department will be hosting a Crab Feast from 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29.
From 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. you can fill up on crabs and then dance the night away to the music spun by a DJ. Tickets are $45 in advance, and $50 at the door; while kids ages 6 to 10 are only $15 each.
The menu, aside from crabs, include fried chicken, hot dogs, potato and macaroni salads, baked beans, cream of crab and Maryland crab soups, beer, wine, soda and more.
The fire department receives the proceeds from the event and is located at 4224 Main St., Lineboro. For information, visit www.lineborovfd.org, or call 443-507-6600, 410-374-2370, or 717-235-0215.
- Crab & Bull Feast and Dance: Sept. 8, doors 4 p.m., food served 5-9 p.m., Coon Club, 2855 Coon Club Road, Hampstead. Tickets: $50. Music: Bootleg, 7:30-11:30 p.m. Tickets/information: Phil, 443-507-6590, Tony, 443-821-9040, or Brad, 410-984-5289; www.coonclub.org.
- NESAP Tours: Sept. 13, 4-7 p.m. (every half hour), NESAP, 1046 S. Carroll St., Hampstead. Information: 410-374-9099 or www.nesapinc.org.
- Crab Feast: Sept. 15, 5-11 p.m., Hampstead Fire Department, 1341 N. Main St., Hampstead. Hosted by Hot Shots Fastpitch Softball. $50/person. Information/tickets: Mike Hernandez, 410-259-7426; Frank Ward, 410-977-9976.
- Sportsman’s Bingo: Sept. 15, doors 3:30 p.m., dinner 4:30 p.m., games 7 p.m., Manchester Volunteer Fire Department, 3297 York St., Manchester. $40/person. Information/tickets: Richard, 410-984-1404.
- Celebration Sunday: Sept. 16, 10 a.m., St. Mark’s Church, 1373 N. Main St., Hampstead. Information: 410-374-6944/www.stmarkshampstead.com.
- Art Class: Sept. 18, 12:30-3 p.m. Tuesdays, North Carroll Senior Center, 2328 Hanover Pike, Hampstead. Runs for 10 weeks. $25/person. Information: 410-386-3900.
- “Bullets & Bling”: Sept. 22, doors 3 p.m., food/drawing 3:30 p.m., Hampstead American Legion, 4600 Legion Lane, Hampstead. $35/person; must be 21 years old or older. Information/tickets: John Armacost, 443-768-5730.
- Paint fundraiser: Sept. 25, 7 p.m., Old Town Grill, Hampstead. $45/person. Paint “Who’s Pumpkin” Benefits scholarship fund. Registration/information: www.paintnite.com/events/whos-pumpkin-at-old-town-grill-10091337; Brenda Miller, 410-916-4084; Mary Hamilton, 410-239-8170.