A Sunday night house fire in the 1800 block of Gillis Falls Road in Woodbine displaced a family of four.
No injuries were reported though the loss to the two-story, single-family home is estimated to be $400,000, according to a notice of investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The preliminary cause of the fire was an accidental malfunction of an HVAC unit, according to the notice. The fire originated in the attic and was discovered by the homeowners.
Winfield and Community Volunteer Fire Company was the primary responding unit for a call that came in at 8:46 p.m. It took about 90 minutes for approximately 60 firefighters to bring the blaze under control.
The displaced occupants are being assisted by the Red Cross and family.