Firefighters extinguished a garage fire in Manchester early Friday morning that left no injuries but significant damage.
The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported 30 firefighters from the Lineboro Volunteer Fire Company were on the scene in the 5000 block of Roller Road around 2 a.m. and it took 45 minutes to control the flames. The fire left an estimated $175,000 in damages and the 40 by 30-foot wood pole building, along with the two vehicles inside, was destroyed.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal reported the cause of origin was inside the garage. The cause itself was accidental, according to the Fire Marshal report, and it involved a chicken coop.