A fire in the 1900 block of Old Westminster Pike in Finksburg was put under control quickly Friday morning.
A call went out at 9:44 a.m for a fire at a single-family dwelling. No injuries were reported as a result of the incident, but a $15,000 loss to the structure and contents was estimated, according to a notice of investigation from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
Reese Volunteer Fire Company was the primary responding agency, and about 40 firefighters were able to control the fire within five minutes, according to the notice.
A smoke alarm and sprinkler were both present and activated. The preliminary cause is listed as “accidental due to an electrical event,” according to the notice.