The following are closings and delays for Monday, January 8, 2018. If you have an announcement to add to this list send it to email@example.com.
- The regularly scheduled meeting of the Westminster Mayor and Common Council has been canceled.
- Carroll County Government offices will be closing at noon.
- The Carroll Transit System and Ride With Us will only operate normal routes until 1 p.m. At that point, all transit buses will be off the roads.
- The Resource Recovery Park (Northern Landfill) and County Senior Centers will also close early at noon.
- Carroll County Public Library branches are closing at 12:30 p.m.
- The Mount Airy Town Council Meeting scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to the weather. As of yet no decision has been made if, and when, the Council meeting will be rescheduled. The Mount Airy Town Hall closed at noon.
- The Town of Sykesville meeting has been postponed. The meeting will be held Tuesday, January 9.
- Carroll County Public Schools are closing 3 hours early. All offices, including the central office, will close at 2 p.m. All CCPS-sponsored after-school activities are canceled for this afternoon and this evening. Non-CCPS sponsored activities in our school facilities are also canceled
- Gerstell Academy will close at noon. All afternoon and evening events are canceled.
- Carroll Community College is closing at 12:30 p.m. All afternoon and evening classes and activities are canceled.
- McDaniel College is closing at noon.
A winter weather advisory is in effect from 1 to 7 p.m. across Central Maryland as precipitation is expected to arrive this afternoon. The National Weather Service was calling for a wintry mix of sleet and freezing rain. Even as air temperatures rise, the surface temps remain low and ice could cause slippery conditions on sidewalks, roads and bridges.