Advertisement

BGE worker hospitalized after being electrocuted in Eldersburg, officials say

A worker for Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. was rushed to Johns Hopkins Hospital on Saturday after an incident in Eldersburg that Carroll authorities described as an industrial accident.

The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call at about noon that a BGE worker had been electrocuted on Bonnie Brae Road, according to a sheriff’s office spokesperson.

Advertisement

BGE spokesman Nick Alexopulos confirmed Tuesday that a BGE employee was injured while working on electrical equipment.

The employee was being evaluated at the hospital, Alexopulos said in an email at about 5:30 Tuesday evening.

“BGE’s top priority is the safety of its employees, contractors and customers,” he said in the email. “As part of our standard procedure, we are in the process of gathering information about this incident.”

Alexopulos did not provide any additional details Tuesday on the employee or their condition.

Advertisement
Advertisement