The Morning Report is a quick roundup of links to stories that Carroll County residents are talking about for Thursday, August 4, 2016. Read our eNewspaper, a PDF replica of today's paper. Access to the eNewspaper and our website is included with a print subscription. Activate yours at www.carrollcountytimes.com/activate.
- Country singer Chris Lane is set to take the stage at the 4-H Fair & FFA Fair, just one day before his new album "Girl Problems" hits stores.
- A Mount Airy man is being held without bail after the alleged sexual abuse of a male child.
- Gov. Larry Hogan's budget chief cast doubt Wednesday on proposing significant tax cuts in the near future because state revenue is falling short of projections.
- Access to Main Street in Ellicott City has been suspended, and some buildings compromised by Saturday's flash flood are on the verge of collapse, a Howard County official said.
- There was a large presence of police, fire and emergency response personnel behind the Sykesville-Freedom District Fire Department on Tuesday night. Although that would usually indicate an emergency, the emergency personnel were out to meet the community.
- A nurse who stopped to help after a crash that injured two people on Interstate 70 in western Maryland accidentally fell from a bridge as she approached the scene Wednesday morning, authorities said.
- Prosecutors brought the first-ever federal terrorism charges against a law enforcement officer in the U.S., alleging Wednesday that a patrol officer with the D.C. region's transit police bought about $250 worth of gift cards for someone he thought was working with the Islamic State group.
- Michael Phelps will lead Team USA into Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, the U.S. Olympic Committee announced Wednesday.